Recruiting 2-4 Beta-Testers:No Longer Accepting Applications

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Recruiting 2-4 Beta-Testers:No Longer Accepting Applications

#1 Post by Googaboga »

We've gotten enough people who're interested! If we can offer you a position, we'll be getting in touch soon. Thank you so much to everyone who applied!

Hello!

I’m in need of a few beta-testers for a commercial dating sim project that’s near completion. The game is XOXO Droplets, which you can read about here-
http://gbpatch.com/xod/

We need people who have time to go through the game at least twice over the next week looking for errors in the script/gameplay and keeping track of a few misc. things. Finishing a play through of XOD will take at least a few hours, but it varies hugely depending on how you tackle the gameplay. You’ll only get events of a few specific characters. If you're interested, we'll need the following info:

Payment Rate: It's up to you to decide the range. Payment can be a copy of the game and/or a monetary payment

Experience: If you’ve made games or have tested for other people previously

Agreement to Terms: Beta-testers are required to not share their game file or post screenshots/videos/etc. of the content in the beta. We’ll be sending the beta through a private Google Drive upload.

You can get us that info by leaving a comment, sending a PM, or sending an email to gb.patch.games@gmail.com.

Thank you!
Last edited by Googaboga on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

Re: Recruiting 2-4 Beta-Testers

#2 Post by Caveat Lector »

Googaboga wrote:Hello!

I’m in need of a few beta-testers for a commercial dating sim project that’s near completion. The game is XOXO Droplets, which you can read about here-
http://gbpatch.com/xod/

We need people who have time to go through the game at least twice over the next week looking for errors in the script/gameplay and keeping track of a few misc. things. Finishing a play through of XOD will take at least a few hours, but it varies hugely depending on how you tackle the gameplay. You’ll only get events of a few specific characters. If you're interested, we'll need the following info:

Payment Rate: It's up to you to decide the range. Payment can be a copy of the game and/or a monetary payment

Experience: If you’ve made games or have tested for other people previously

Agreement to Terms: Beta-testers are required to not share their game file or post screenshots/videos/etc. of the content in the beta. We’ll be sending the beta through a private Google Drive upload.

You can get us that info by leaving a comment, sending a PM, or sending an email to gb.patch.games@gmail.com.

Thank you!
Hello! I'd be interested in a paid position for beta-testing! Now, I'm new to paid beta-testing, so forgive me if I stumble a bit in trying to come to a fair and affordable rate. Would $8-10 per hour of testing be suitable?

While I have not had experiences with beta-testing VN's off the top of my mind, I have signed up to do a short beta-test of various Hidden Object Games demos released by Artifxed Mundi in the past for free. I have also released one short VN (Colette and Becca) and am currently producing two others. I have a bit of experience with Renpy, but I am still struggling to approach it. I can at least play through a game and test for any errors and provide writing feedback (if so desired).

I also agree to keep quiet on game development and not share any information I am not permitted to.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Venom Wolf
Projects: Tourist Trap
Deviantart: kyroonalanas
itch: infinitestrike

#3 Post by Venom Wolf »

I am also interested in a paid position for beta testing. I haven't done games testing before, however I was a Junior Tester for a small IT company. It was work experience for university. The role involved bug testing, writing and logging bugs accurately and responding to client requests.

I have only created one small game in Renpy so far (Tourist Trap) and plan on making more. I'm not sure what a reasonable rate is - I'm in the UK, so is £8 hr suitable?

I will not share any information regarding the game to anyone.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#4 Post by Googaboga »

Thanks for the interest you two! I'm afraid I really don't want to tell anyone what price they should be going by. If those prices mentioned are what you'd like, just let me know and I'll consider you as best I can.

I am gonna be deciding on who to hire a little later today, so if you can, please get back to me shortly confirming a price range.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices