[CLOSED] Maid Mansion -- Seeking Composer

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Crazy Cactus
Regular

[CLOSED] Maid Mansion -- Seeking Composer

#1 Post by Crazy Cactus »

Hi Everyone,

We are currently looking for a composer for Maid Mansion. Our script is getting closer and closer to completion, and I firmly believe it will be completed by the end of this month, at the great pace we are going.

For more information about Maid Mansion, please visit: http://kck.st/2fSVMXm

WHAT I NEED:
-- I need to get a fully fleshed out soundtrack for the game.
-- I would like to have a good number of tracks, preferably at least 12, and go as high as 24 tracks.
-- These tracks can, of course, vary in length from as little as 45 seconds to 2-3 minutes long (or more) based on what we agree upon is needed for our project to be its very best (which is one of the reasons I wanted script to be near to completion). I would like the musician I hire to get a complete look at the type of music needed.

APPLICANT MUST BE:
-- Open to suggestion and critique, in addition to taking my own music track refs into consideration.
-- Comfortable working on an adult game, including tracks that will have an 'adult' theme to them.
-- Able to deliver music tracks that can be: everyday/simple, suspenseful, thrilling, dangerous, kinky, etc.

HOW FAR ALONG IS THIS VISUAL NOVEL?
-- To summarize our most recent Kickstarter update: script is near done, only thing left is one large backer character, and two smaller backer characters. Artwork is moving along nicely, and would estimate we're currently about 60-65% done with CGs, sprites need to still be updated, our programmer is ready to begin work, etc.

TERMS:
-- Work will be on a "for hire" basis, and all ownership of music created for us, will be owned by us; Crazy Cactus Entertainment LLC.
-- Composer will sign a contract based on this premise.
-- Budget for music is set at $800, where $400 will be paid upfront, and the remaining half will be paid upon delivery of all respective files.
-- Based on speed and quality of work, I may create a 'bonus' incentive of additional funds, based on my sole discretion and perhaps upon additional negotiation with the chosen composer.
-- Finally, we have three piano/orchestral tracks already created from a previous composer that we hope may be incorporated into the overall OST for Maid Mansion. We don't require it to "mesh" entirely seamlessly with the rest of the game, but would appreciate if it could be arranged to "fit in" with the game somehow.

HOW TO APPLY:
--CLOSED--

Any questions or other concerns, please PM/DM me here, or via Twitter. Either way works.

**EDIT:

Will be setting a deadline as this upcoming Sunday for applicants - will extend this deadline if need be but for now, it will be Midnight EST Sunday (Aug 13th).
Last edited by Crazy Cactus on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Crazy Cactus
Regular

Re: [Commercial] Maid Mansion -- Seeking Composer

#2 Post by Crazy Cactus »

Thank you to all of you who have applied thus far!! The application will be open until Midnight tonight EST (8/13/17).

If you haven't applied yet but wish to, the clock is ticking.

It will take me some time to go through all the applications, (likely a week or so), then I will make my decision shortly after that. I say again: I will NOT be making my decision right away, and would like to think over my options carefully.

Special Note: To those who aren't chosen, I will still keep a list of all of you so that I might inquire about you for a future project instead (of which I have several going on). Please keep that in mind as well.

Crazy Cactus
Regular

Re: [CLOSED] Maid Mansion -- Seeking Composer

#3 Post by Crazy Cactus »

Here's a quick update for all those who applied for this position:

I have made my decision sooner than I anticipated, since I had a very talented pool of candidates. And quite frankly, I am really eager to keep moving forward on Maid Mansion's development.

I would still like to keep the remaining composers cataloged for consideration of my future projects I have also in development - two additional visual novels. Hopefully that's of interest to those who applied.

Thanks again everyone for applying - I wish you all the best!