[CLOSED][PAID] WRITER Needed for H-game (18+) Visual Novel 'A Town Uncovered'

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
GeeSeki
Regular
Projects: A Town Uncovered
itch: geeseki

[CLOSED][PAID] WRITER Needed for H-game (18+) Visual Novel 'A Town Uncovered'

#1 Post by GeeSeki »

Who are you?

Hey, guys. My name is GeeSeki and I'm currently working on an H-game that has been 8-months in the making and going strong. You can view the game here:
https://www.patreon.com/GeeSekiVN

What are you looking for?

I'm looking for a writer to help me write dialogue and scenes, come up with ideas, improve on already existing conversations, and anything somewhat related. This role will require you to write in a script-like format as 99.5% of the text in this game is actual character dialogue with small cases of sound effects and even rarer cases of describing an action. I want someone who is good with drama, light and meaningful banter/ comedy, and more specifically the entire theme of romance and character development. I should also point out that this is a game about character decisions and branching options. They would also need to be more than fine with NSFW and taboo themes. Also, note that I will still continue the writer role, doing scenes and dialogue myself, not just yourself. And in addition to the actual writing job, I'd like for you to be available during the development on my discord channel to discuss ideas and brainstorm.

How much are you paying?

I haven't hired a writer before, so I'm unsure of what I should be dealing with. After doing a bit of research, I've come up with a base offer of $0.07 (USD) per word. This is negotiable and over time, may increase as I'm more familiar with your work. It should be noted that I'll be setting a max limit of 3000 words (max base offer of $210 USD) needed per update (each update is about a month apart). This is purely so I can keep up with the coding and the art required for the scenes and dialogue. So if you're considering applying, please note that this is only a small-part time job for a bit of extra cash.

How do I apply?

Either comment down below or send me an email > geesekivn@gmail.com, telling me about yourself with your experience and some examples of some work you did before, whether it's for someone else or even a personal project. References to previous works are welcome but it's definitely not needed.

Hint hint: I'm more likely to see your application quicker via email but I will keep checking this thread.

What is the cut-off date?

No cut-off date. Maybe I'll leave this open for a maximum of a week or until I find someone.

Anything else I need to know about?

You have to be at least 18 years of age. This is an adult game we're talking about. You must have a discord account as that's where I do most of my bizz. And I'm not saying you must have had played the game, but it really does help to know what you're dealing with, at least dip your toe into it. Plus, it shows me that you actually have some interest in the project and can confidently say that you have a feel for the characters you're potentially going to write as.