Hiring Freelance Ren'Py Coder

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
CellHG
Regular

Hiring Freelance Ren'Py Coder

#1 Post by CellHG »

I'm looking for a quote for some work I need doing...

I basically need a new main menu & it's associated pages such as save, load, preferences ect

How much would something like this set me back?

Qwxlea
IRC Nick: qwxlea
Github: Qwxlea

Re: Hiring Freelance Ren'Py Coder

#2 Post by Qwxlea »

Do you have all the graphical assets, is it just integrating art with code?

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#3 Post by Imperf3kt »

Can you also explain more in detail, how customised you want things?

I imagine just minimal changes would be less time consuming / difficult and thus cost less than something like creating a gui from scratch.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Remix
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game

#4 Post by Remix »

Your request, as others have noted is quite broad to base a reasonable quote upon. Perhaps expanding upon it and stating the scope of the contract might help those interested...

For myself, I would be looking at the following questions, though other developers may have different priorities:

Is there a known timeframe? (Most importantly; Is there a deadline?)
Are you looking to pay a fixed price for the lot or a per hour rate until complete?
What and when is the medium of payment and (if you are trading under a registered company) will you need tax registered invoicing?

As Qwxlea says, are the art assets provided and are there any mock layouts?
(without mock layouts of some or all areas, a full quote would be difficult to provide)
Does the work principally involve standard Ren'py widgets or are new ones envisaged?
Is the game and codebase in English and are you supporting multi-language translations?
What additional funky behaviour/design or features are you looking to incorporate?

Sub-note: I would be interested in doing this though should mention that I have not really done much menu area tweaking except for reasonably basic stuff. If I did quote I would be happy to negotiate a lower rate in light of that.
Frameworks & Scriptlets: