please delete

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
lunaistar
Regular
Completed: Soul Resomance
Organization: Kirakirawings
itch: lunailegends

please delete

#1 Post by lunaistar »

outdated plz del.
Last edited by lunaistar on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Albridge
Regular

Re: Need a New Writer for Otome VN (OPEN)

#2 Post by Albridge »

> $200 / 35000 words
= $0.0057 / word
= 0.5 cents / word
nope.

sorabokki
Regular
Projects: Love Net

#3 Post by sorabokki »

I might recommend trying to get a kickstarter deal in your contract too to attract more potential writers. They can commit to your project for $200 initially and a percentage of future sales as additional payment.

Maybe that will help recruiting someone who can commit to your project with a lower budget. :)

Good luck!

caterwaulings
Regular
Organization: Lux Corona Media
Tumblr: luxcorona

#4 Post by caterwaulings »

Hey there--I'm definitely not trying to be a jerk, but as a writer for VNs the $200 for 35k words is kind of insulting :/ I generally earn $.04-$.07 per word depending on the type of writing (eg., if it's straight dialogue I usually ask for $.07 a word, description is on the cheaper side). The way yours works out, you're only wanting to pay about 1/10th of that. Also, keep in mind that while you do have your plot figured out, your writer will also be spending time discussing the story with you so that they can help you achieve your vision.

I agree with Woobv who suggested kickstarter, or adding in % of sales for additional payment.
Cate, Novelist & Story Consultant -- See my info here

lunaistar
Regular

#5 Post by lunaistar »

I specifically said to everyone to be easy on me, meaning please do not tell me how to price my offers. I do not like it, because we can argue all day and get nowhere. Everyone prices their works differently, and if someone gets offended by my offers when it has nothing to do with you, then please, go away. I am not trying to be mean, I am being real here. If someone attacks me again, then I will have to ask a mod to step in before it gets ugly.

sorabokki
Regular
Projects: Love Net

#6 Post by sorabokki »

I don't think anyone was trying to attack you. I'm not a writer so I don't know what appropriate rates are. I just had left a suggestion in case you were having a hard time finding a writer to commit to your project based on what you were offering.

Regardless, I'm still wishing you the best of luck!

caterwaulings
Regular
Organization: Lux Corona Media
Tumblr: luxcorona

#7 Post by caterwaulings »

Yeah, I was definitely not attacking you. I do wish you well and I hope that you'll find a great writer who sticks to your project and doesn't bail on you again.
Cate, Novelist & Story Consultant -- See my info here

lunaistar
Regular

#8 Post by lunaistar »

@woobv sorry for the confusion I didn't mean to direct that to you, I was directing it to caterwaulings.

@caterwaulings you said it was "insulting" meaning I offended you in some way, so I assumed you were irked by my offers. If you weren't trying to attack me then that's fine, so thank you for at least understanding.