Looking For: Programmer To Fix Gameplay Bug [Closed]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Sleepy
Regular
Projects: Camera Anima
Organization: EXP-resso Mutt
Tumblr: sleepy-does-games.tumblr.com
itch: https://expressomutt

Looking For: Programmer To Fix Gameplay Bug [Closed]

#1 Post by Sleepy »

Hi, I'm looking for a programmer to fix a particular bug Camera Anima. Full details included in viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46061 but, basically, we've been having issues integrating two mechanics to work simultaneously.

The first mechanic is an exploration wheel, which the player uses to interact with environments. The second mechanic is a quick time event timer bar, where the player has a certain amount of time to decide whether to interact with the environment or not. The problem is, the exploration wheel uses two screens to create an animation effect as the wheel appears. While the timer screen allows one of the wheel codes to be work with it, it won't show to the next wheel code until the timer screen ends. There is a get around, where if if we avoid the animation and show just the main wheel code it'll work during the timer but we'd prefer not to throw away the animation effect.

We have the mechanic codes and a test level with assets, we'd just like someone who can look over our code and see if they can provide a fix.

If interested in applying, I can be reached through this thread, PM, or by email at: gee@ualberta.ca. We'd also like a quote and expected turnaround time.
Last edited by Sleepy on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
W.I.P.

Complete

Image Image

Remix
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game

Re: Looking For: Programmer To Fix Gameplay Bug

#2 Post by Remix »

I think most people basically ignored the question thread as it was a fair amount of code that was difficult to read due to not being formatted / indented.

In future, always post code in code tags like this:

[code] Your code here [/code]

It will keep the indentation intact and use a mono-spaced font, making things much easier to read.

If you are still looking for a programmer to tweak and hopefully fix the code, I'd be willing to take a look, just let me know and we can discuss some manner of payment.
Frameworks & Scriptlets:

Sleepy
Regular
Projects: Camera Anima
Organization: EXP-resso Mutt
Tumblr: sleepy-does-games.tumblr.com
itch: https://expressomutt

#3 Post by Sleepy »

Thanks for the tip! I used the default code tag in the post editor ([/c/] ) but it didn't translate the indents and wasn't sure why.

And we're still looking! Sending you a PM, now.
W.I.P.

Complete

Image Image

Empish
Veteran
Projects: Efemural Hearts, It Ends With Graduation
itch: empish

#4 Post by Empish »

Hey, if you're still looking, I'd be willing to take a look at it myself.