Hiring Co-Writer for Horror GxB/G Project (CLOSED)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Hiring Co-Writer for Horror GxB/G Project (CLOSED)

#1 Post by Googaboga »

Thank you so much to everyone who applied!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

I'm looking to hire someone to write part of a free-to-play horror VN that features GxB and GxG romance. I started the game intending to work on it for fun whenever I had a little time free from my larger projects. But all the art was completed super speedily and now I just feel bad leaving an entire game's worth of assets sitting around, aha. So, I'm offering to pay a writer to write however much of the script I can afford based on their rate. It'd be nice to have a demo released, at least.

Payment will be sent through Paypal in at least two batches (if you need it all at once it'll have to be near the very end of the process). When applying please explain how many words you're up for writing and include writing samples. This is a non-commercial project and the amount you'll be paid is $200. After you've written your part, I'll finish however much is left to go when I get the chance. Because of that, the parts you write may be edited after the fact to match better with my style of writing. The total word count for the game will likely be 40,000 or less.

The VN is called Lake of Voices. It’s a story that forces you to accept that there’s no perfect way to handle dire times and asks you to decide what, and who, is going to be sacrificed. Plot Synopsis-
Kikka the Steadfast is a sensitive and empathetic woman who uses a mask of stoicism to protect herself from the harsh world she lives in. Much of everything she’s done has been an attempt to find some semblance of security, including the career path she chose to pursue. Kikka works as an official guard for one of the many tiny villages in the region. Her most recent assignment is to travel with fellow guard Bemelle to an allied town that’s been under siege by raiders.

With an ever-present sense of urgency, the two find themselves on the shore of Sinnlos, a cursed lake of black water that is home to the Nixi. They are twisted creatures who take joy in drowning humans. The two need the assistance of the nameless guide to even attempt to cross the maze of bridges spanning the dark waters. But they are not the only ones seeking passage that night. The guide agrees to lead them all, whilst also giving a warning that a group this large has no chance of making it across whole. Someone will be lost along the way. None of them volunteer to stay behind, regardless. And so the ill-fated journey over the lake of voices begins.

Anyone can be saved, but not everyone can be.

There's a very basic outline to follow, though some blanks may need to be filled in with your own creativity (usually in relation to casual, non-plot related conversations). You're free to skip ahead past parts you don't want to write. As long as you do as much as you agreed to write, which sections get written isn't that important.

The progress of the game is that the music, sprites, bgs, cgs, and gui are all finished. As I mentioned, there's a simple outline for most of the story. There hasn't been any scripting or programming done. I attached some mockup screenshots using the game's finished art assets.

Feel free to leave a reply or send a PM if you want to apply or have questions/comments/concerns. Thank you!
Attachments
screenshot4.jpg
screenshot3.jpg
screenshot1.jpg
Last edited by Googaboga on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

CeeCeeVA
Regular
Projects: Celflux Animation as the voice of Shandrita
Tumblr: CeeCeeVA

Re: Hiring Co-Writer for Horror GxB/G Project

#2 Post by CeeCeeVA »

This looks interesting! I would love to help out in anyway I can! ^.^
Voice Actress, Casting Director, Writer & Director

https://ceeceeva.wixsite.com/chasityconner

Animation Demo Reel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10plH50 ... p=drivesdk

For VO inquiry:
CeeCeeVA@yahoo.com

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Googaboga »

CeeCeeVA wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:17 pm This looks interesting! I would love to help out in anyway I can! ^.^
Thank you very much :>. We are likely going to have partial voicing at some point. I'd love to have you audition when the time comes.
In-Progress:
Released:

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

#4 Post by Scribbles »

ooooh, I'd apply if I wasn't so busy > < Good luck finding someone!!
Image - Image -Image

CeeCeeVA
Regular
Projects: Celflux Animation as the voice of Shandrita
Tumblr: CeeCeeVA

#5 Post by CeeCeeVA »

Googaboga wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:48 am
CeeCeeVA wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:17 pm This looks interesting! I would love to help out in anyway I can! ^.^
Thank you very much :>. We are likely going to have partial voicing at some point. I'd love to have you audition when the time comes.
Of course! I will await until that time comes. I can also help write a little bit ^.^
Voice Actress, Casting Director, Writer & Director

https://ceeceeva.wixsite.com/chasityconner

Animation Demo Reel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10plH50 ... p=drivesdk

For VO inquiry:
CeeCeeVA@yahoo.com

GrammaHobbes
Regular

#6 Post by GrammaHobbes »

I'm and very tempted to take on this job; I might not have all the time to do it and if I did I would want to give it all my focus, I have a lot of choices in front of me. The dilemma I am having is, I'm also working on a few project of my own right now. But aside from that, I have to say the art and Idea of it, is making me very tempted. (Mind telling me more about the concept- it might help me make my decision- you don't have to if you don't want to and I would completely understand if you didn't want to.)

sofiakuran
Regular

#7 Post by sofiakuran »

I would love to help writing if you’ll let me and voice in it too

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Googaboga »

@Scribbles
Haha, aaw, thanks. No worries. Good luck with your own projects!

@CeeCeeVA
That's nice of you to offer. If you could leave a comment or send a PM with exactly how much you'd like to write and samples of your writing, I'd be happy to keep you in mind.

@GrammaHobbes
Well, thanks for taking an interest in the game. Unfortunately, I'm not really sure what else I can say about it that's not in the plot summary, aha. It's a pretty short game with a relatively basic concept; a group people with different motivations try to cross a monster-filled lake together, not all of them make it.

@sofiakuran
Thank you for offering. If you'd like to help with writing, I'd really appreciate it if you explained in a reply or PM how much you'd want to write and included some samples of your writing.
In-Progress:
Released:

sofiakuran
Regular

#9 Post by sofiakuran »

pm sent

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran