[CLOSED] Maid Mansion -- Seeking Proofreader/Editor

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Crazy Cactus
Regular

[CLOSED] Maid Mansion -- Seeking Proofreader/Editor

#1 Post by Crazy Cactus »

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking for a proofreader/editor for Maid Mansion. What is VERY important to note is that I have already gone over the script myself, and done a lot of my own edits -- both simple proofreading edits concerning grammar and punctuation, as well as some major edits of reworking sentences, phrasing, moving dialogue, etc. What this means, is that your workload is actually not as large as you might originally think, but I would still like to have another pair of eyes look over entire thing.

If you'd like to know more about Maid Mansion, please visit: http://kck.st/2fSVMXm

WHAT I NEED:
-- I need a person who is confident in their proofreading skills and not afraid to make suggestions regarding larger edits, if they feel its needed.
-- Must be comfortable with adult (+18) material, and editing explicit scenes involving such material.
-- Higher education in English (or currently getting degree) is preferred, but not a necessity for this position.
-- Able to work with my own proofreading and edits, as well as discuss with me one-on-one via Skype about thoughts and suggestions regarding any larger edits (simple proofreading will not require this type of communication).
-- This novel is about 140k words altogether, and proofreading/edits must be completed by the deadline posted in this thread (located near bottom).

HOW WILL THIS WORK?
-- Person I hire will receive the script (the actual, physical printout) with all my highlighting and edits after being chosen (once deadline has passed - unless I choose someone before then). They will receive the script within a week after signing contract.
-- Person will gain access to our Trello board where they can download Renpy version of scripts.
-- Main job of proofreader will be adding in changes to script (using physical script as reference), plus making their own proofreading edits as they go.

COMPENSATION:
-- You will be paid a flat rate of $500 for your services. (half upfront, half upon completion)
-- Bonus payment of $100 if work completed prior to Sunday, January 28th, 2018 at Midnight EST. (this means all proofreading/edits approved and files delivered on-time before deadline)

TERMS:
-- Unfortunately, I have already stretched my budget enough as is, and compensation will not be higher than whats posted.
-- For many, I understand the compensation is lower than normal rates for such services, but I won't be able to accommodate going any higher. If you decide to still apply and ask for additional funds, your application will be immediately rejected. This is my warning / "heads up."
-- Work completed for Crazy Cactus Entertainment LLC will be considered as a work-for-hire, and must sign a contract before any work can begin.
-- You will be credited as a editor for the game, in the game's credits. In addition, you may use your work in your portfolio for prospective clients and may request a letter of reference should you need one.

HOW TO APPLY:
--CLOSED--

DEADLINE TO APPLY:
--Deadline to apply for this position is Thursday, November 30th, at 8PM EST.

WHEN MUST WORK BE COMPLETED BY??
--Work on editing and proofreading must be completed by Sunday, February 4th, 2018 at Midnight EST.
Last edited by Crazy Cactus on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DoubleMoth

Re: [OPEN] Maid Mansion -- Seeking Proofreader/Editor

#2 Post by DoubleMoth »

N/A
Last edited by DoubleMoth on Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suru
Regular

#3 Post by Suru »

Application sent.

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#4 Post by Crazy Cactus »

UPDATE

Will be CLOSING applications a little earlier than planned this evening, at about 8pm EST. This will give me some extra time to start looking over all the responses for those that submitted for the position.

Thank you to all of you who have already applied!