Hiring a writer for an ongoing romance story game

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
kingsraid888

Hiring a writer for an ongoing romance story game

#1 Post by kingsraid888 »

Hello writers! I've been developing a new mobile game (story game with choices) with a talented programmer and artist. All 3 of us are veterans in the mobile gaming industry and the project is currently under stealth mode, but we're looking to hire some talented writers that would like to get early access to become writers for our mobile game. We expect to launch this game within the next 2-3 months and we're hoping to find some talented writers that would like to work with us in the long term. Please note that we're only allowing a few writers to write for us, so if chosen, you'll have a lot of exposure to the players that come into our game.

The game itself is mainly targeted towards the female 16-21 demographic with genres mostly comprised of office romance, highschool romance, and college romance. We're also open to other types of romance genres.

We're looking for talented writers who understand how to design choice branches within a linear storyline. Basically, the player will get to choose from a set of choices that lead to a different experience, but ultimately end up back at the main storyline.

About the job:
  • Approximately 10-15 chapters of content per story. The main character is always a girl, so you'll want to be comfortable writing from a girl's perspective. The main love interest is always a boy, but the story can be open to have a girl as a potential love interest.
  • You'll be writing 250-300 lines of story (including dialogues and choices for characters) PER CHAPTER. Each choice branch will have at least 1-3 lines of dialogue or narration.
  • Game releases are done monthly. This means you must be able to finish each story in 20 to 25 days.
  • My current budget is $300 per story. You are free to negotiate this. Depending of the quality of your work I may consider going higher or choosing you over someone else for a lower value.
  • Payments via Paypal only.
  • You will receive credit for writing the story in the mobile game app
  • You'll have a lot of creative freedom on this project
I'm interested! What now?
Send me a PM with your portfolio (if you have one), some examples of your work and anything else you think is relevant. If you have any experience writing stories for choices or episodes, that will definitely be a plus!

hyesunxoxo
Regular
Completed: Reflections ~Dreams and Reality~, High School Otome
Projects: Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Purrfectly Ever After, HEROxTRIO, One Year of Apocalypse,
itch: hyesunxoxo

Re: Hiring a writer for an ongoing romance story game

#2 Post by hyesunxoxo »

Replied via PM!
ImageImageImage
Visual Novel Writer, Project Head and Otome Enthusiast | Hire me to write your stories! [Commissions]

caterwaulings
Regular
Organization: Lux Corona Media
Tumblr: luxcorona

Re: Hiring a writer for an ongoing romance story game

#3 Post by caterwaulings »

Hi! I’m planning on sending my portfolio to you via PM. I have a few questions. So it possible to discuss via Discord or a similar app? It might help me determine which of my works to send.
Cate, Novelist & Story Consultant -- See my info here