[closed] Looking for a writer

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
dev_zzo
Projects: Bitter Honey [GxB]

[closed] Looking for a writer

#1 Post by dev_zzo »

Hey everyone. I think this should be the correct sub-forum for this request, but I am not completely sure.

I am looking for an awesome writer to produce a script for a visual novel game, something in the romantic ballpark (GxB preferred, GxG is OK as a romantic choice) but you are welcome to bring in a few other tones e.g. thriller or drama to make things a bit more exciting. That being said, this should stay below 18yo, so no explicit scenes unfortunately this time. :( Currently I am aiming for around 50k-60k words for the whole script.

- You will be responsible for writing the script and we will be working very close during the initial phase to discuss the conception and ideas.
- Your English is native (UK, US, AU are OK!) or very close to that. (this is where I fail T_T)
- You will also be responsible for writing miscellaneous text, for example, I will also ask you to describe the characters/scenes/locations in some more detail off the script so artists could capture your vision better.
- I would expect to work in a close contact with you and having a chat and status updates at least 3-4 times a week.
- I am planning to have a working build about bi-weekly for testing and having fun, so we will have some kind of milestones.
- You will get the full credit for your work. (naturally)
- Payments will be done via PayPal in at least two parts.
- If you have a script handy already, that's OK as well -- let's review and discuss!

In any case, I am looking forward to hear from you at least the following:

- Writing samples (in .txt or .pdf) and/or links to your previous projects,
- Rate or total price for the whole work,
- How much time you can dedicate weekly,
- Anything else you think is relevant.

Please feel free to contact me any time via PM or comment in this topic. Let's make a great game together! :)
Last edited by dev_zzo on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
dev_zzo#4427 on discord

Pedes
Tumblr: p_the_wanderer

Re: Looking for a writer

#2 Post by Pedes »

I'm gonna ask here, since it would help other people considering this:
As I understand you don't have any idea yet? Or do you? Are you looking for a particular mood/feel? e.g. cute/funny/serious etc?
Do I understand this is supposed to be primarily romance and the other genre/motifs secondary?
And the last but not least: have you done any games before and if yes what would you like to do the same/differently for this game?

dev_zzo

#3 Post by dev_zzo »

Thank you for the questions, Pedes, I should have provided this before you asked. Noted for future requests! :)
Pedes wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 pm As I understand you don't have any idea yet? Or do you? Are you looking for a particular mood/feel? e.g. cute/funny/serious etc?
I have a couple of ideas but nothing concrete. As my creative sense is rudimentary -- I tend to profess in coding -- I am pretty sure someone who writes scripts is able to come up with much better ideas that I have. :lol: I am looking for something light rather than tragic (probably not nakige -- but hey, hit me with your best), with comedy elements.
Pedes wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 pm Do I understand this is supposed to be primarily romance and the other genre/motifs secondary?
Yes, your understanding is correct.
Pedes wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 pm And the last but not least: have you done any games before and if yes what would you like to do the same/differently for this game?
We have another VN project in development at the moment, which is due this year. This turned out to be a quite serious and dramatic one so I would really like to try something more light. Again, writing a script from scratch proved to be something we don't really have skills for, therefore this request. If you'd like to hear more, welcome to PM. :D
dev_zzo#4427 on discord

Suru
Regular

#4 Post by Suru »

Is this still open? Is there a timeline in mind for a length of 50-60k words?

dev_zzo

#5 Post by dev_zzo »

Suru wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:18 pm Is this still open? Is there a timeline in mind for a length of 50-60k words?
Yes, this is still open; I hope to keep it so until the end of NaNoRenO... ish. Feel free to apply!

As for the timeline... varies. All I can say is that there is no big hurry but I'd very much like to complete the project this year. :D
dev_zzo#4427 on discord