[CLOSED] Seeking artist / writer for 18+ version of B/B visual novel “Monstrous Lovers”

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
KillerQueen
Regular

[CLOSED] Seeking artist / writer for 18+ version of B/B visual novel “Monstrous Lovers”

#1 Post by KillerQueen »

INFORMATION

Monstrous Lovers is a BxB visual novel inspired by monsters of the black and white era of cinema. It follows Christopher Wells, a human that was recently transferred to Saint George, a town known for its high population of monsters.

Though the game was originally planned as an all-ages release, after finishing the script and taking into account the feedback we received from Blind Men, I reached the conclusion that some scenes should logically lead into sex - and rather than just fade to black, I’ve decided to offer a 18+ patch. And that's where you come into play!

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
  • Be comfortable with explicit BxB (that’s the point of this thread, after all!)
  • Deadline for assets is not set in stone, but late may/early june is strongly preferred.
  • Be able to match current style reasonably well.
WRITER
  • 4 scenes of 400-900 words each. I’m flexible on the word count depending on the scene in question.
  • Will work from outlines. You won’t be required to read the entire script, but I’d vastly prefer if you read the scenes leading to the one you’ll be writing to get an idea of the character’s personalities.
  • Must be OK with your work being partly rewritten for stylistic reasons.
ARTIST
  • 4 CGs (1 per character) + minor variations. Each scene will have two characters.
  • Will work from outlines/references.
HOW TO APPLY
  • Contact me (either post here, PM me or email me at contact[at]maneatergames.com) with your rates.
  • Attach your portfolio/writing samples. Samples featuring BxB content will be given priority, since it will give me a better idea of the end result.
STYLE EXAMPLES

Below you'll find examples of the current artstyle. I realize that it's trickier for writing, but you're free to check out the demo here.

Last edited by KillerQueen on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Digger

Re: [OPEN] Seeking artist / writer for 18+ version of B/B visual novel “Monstrous Lovers”

#2 Post by Digger »

Did you receive my application?
Also, any idea when a decision will be posted?

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Re: [OPEN] Seeking artist / writer for 18+ version of B/B visual novel “Monstrous Lovers”

#3 Post by Aviala »

I'm also wondering because I didn't hear back from you yet; I hope you got my application. BTW it'd be cool if you guys could send at least like a copypasted "Sorry, we decided to go with someone else" message to people who weren't selected :) I'm of course hoping you're considering my application, but I'd get a peace of mind from any kind of answer.

KillerQueen
Regular

#4 Post by KillerQueen »

Thank you everybody! I received way more submissions that I expected - I've finally gone through all of them and have contacted the selected people.