Need Artist for an Abridged Series (OTMA)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Teach
Completed: Mogeko Castle with Voices, The Gray Garden with Voices, Secret of Mana Theater with Voices, Undertale with Voices Genocider
Projects: Octopath Traveler Machinabridged, Ib with Voices, Undertale with Voices Pacifist

Need Artist for an Abridged Series (OTMA)

#1 Post by Teach »

Hello folks! I'm looking for an artist to help me out with an abridged series project known as Octopath Traveler Machinabridged (OTMA for short).

For those of you who don't know, OTMA is based off the game Octopath Traveler. A story about 8 heroes who set out for adventure in the land of Orsterra.
  • Olberic the Warrior, a man seeking redemption for failing to protect his king.
  • Primrose the Dancer, a woman seeking revenge against the three men who killed her father
  • Tressa the Merchant, a woman who seeks to travel the world looking for the thrill of adventure
  • Alfyn the Apothecary, a man who aspires to help the weak and needy like the Apothecary who once healed him did.
  • H'aanit the Hunter, a woman who sets out in search of her mentor who was last seen hunting a red-eyed demon
  • Therion the Thief, who takes a job from a mysterious client in search of a rare jewel
  • ...and two others who haven't been revealed yet.
I created three episodes as a sort of pilot to see how well it would be received...and to test how well I would work as an abridger...and because the demo only gave me enough material to make three episodes. You can watch them here:

Episode O - Olberic the Warrior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OGiNxHw0iw
Episode P - Primrose the Dancer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl6fhZTaBsw
Episode Not 3 - Working with What You've Got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPVM2PguPAU

Funny thing is, while Abridging is hard work, I'm quite proud of what I made and I'd like to continue doing this series. Especially once the game comes out. But I'm gonna need some help. OTMA is primarily inspired by Team Four Star's Final Fantasy VII Machinabridged (FF7MA for short). And one of the major things I'll need is an artist who can supplement and enhance the experience of a video game. In other words, do things and show scenes that normal video game recordings cannot.

There are two major things I need from said artist.

First is the ability to draw animatable face portraits. This will be different from most facial portraits in that I'll need to not only have drawings at hands, but different layers that I can manipulate and animate. The three important things I'll be doing are: 1) Eye movement, 2) Lip Synch (anime style) and 3) Multiple facial expressions.

I'll need animatable facial portraits for at least the 8 protags.

The Second is special scenes. It may be a snapshot picture, or it may have some simple animation featured in it (I'll do the animating). Much of it depends on the episode at hand. And I'll let you know what components of the picture I'll need to animate if at all.

OTMA is intended to be a long term project, and episodes will be released on a season by season basis. The exception will be this year...where I will need use of the artist before Octopath Traveler's release in July and afterwards. I work at a quick pace, and I'll need an artist who can keep up that pace as well as take direction. The sooner I can get my assets lined up, the smoother OTMA will run.

If you're interested, please reply below or contact me at voiceswithvoices@gmail.com. I'd like to see a sample of your work or even a site where you house your artwork as well as your rates.

MGO
Regular
Completed: The Girl of Glass, Heart of the Party, The Miller's Daughter
Projects: Recidivia, The Knight & The Maiden, Road to Yondolfa, My Girlfriend's Friends

Re: Need Artist for an Abridged Series (OTMA)

#2 Post by MGO »

Hello! I'm interested in this project, however, I must ask: How many hours a day, or a week, do you think you'll need your artist to work on this project? How long do you think the whole project will take (when are you planning on releasing the last episode)?

You can see my character art portfolio here: https://mgo.artstation.com/albums/627520 I'm currently working on a visual novel project and making sprites like these: Image ImageImage

My rates in detail are here: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=47812