Musician wanted for educational games for toddlers (postponed till late May)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

Musician wanted for educational games for toddlers (postponed till late May)

#1 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

[update: I have extended the project scope and delayed any decisions about music until I have finished the code and art for the new sections - I'll return to decisions about music late May]

Hey!

Are you interested in making music for an educational game for young children (toddler-preschool)? Can you make a short, fun but effective looping track on a budget? If so, I'd like to hear from you!

What I am looking for
  • A short looping background song that would appeal to two to five year olds.
  • A repeating rhythmic tune to be used with recorded speech.
  • Music that is cute or girly could work well as the artwork for this game is kinda girly, but music with a general appeal would also work.
  • Familiarity with English, Chinese, Japanese or German children's songs would be a plus but certainly not necessary. We would accept a reworked/looping version of a children's classic. We could link you to some if this was a route you wanted to take. This is not my preference, but it's an option.
  • A song or style that could help build the brand (perhaps cat themed) would be highly desirable
About the game:
Right now I working on a free educational Android game for teaching toddlers Chinese the music may be used in paid sequels. The artwork and coding for the initial free version is around 85%-90% complete.

About me:
This is my fifth Renpy game, you can find three of my previous works on my Android store below (one of the three, Computer Art Club, I made with my elementary school students). I have also made quite a few animations (search for Alien Neko). I am Irish but I work as a teacher in Taiwan where I have a young daughter who is learning Chinese. I also teach a computer art club. :)
Last edited by ComputerArt.Club on Fri May 04, 2018 9:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

LeetMusic
Veteran
Completed: Cursed Lands, Roommates, Wildfire: Ticket To Rock, Seeds Of Chaos
Projects: LeetStreet Boys, Paladin Dream, Murder Is Game Over

Re: Musician wanted for educational games for toddlers

#2 Post by LeetMusic »

Sending a pm.

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#3 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Thanks for your interest L337! Awesome stuff. Impressive! Thanks for all your efforts and time!

So here is a reference track of the style that I am looking for for now that I sent to L337 Music:
https://youtu.be/dc-QrFahttg?t=20s
Here is an English equivalent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BELlZKp ... Uw&index=2

What I want for my first track is much shorter and simpler as what we are doing in this game is MUCH simpler.

An energetic start followed by a low key rhythm that could loop are the essentials - the rhythm shouldn't be too distracting and as the amount of material that we are covering is much much shorter it won't need to have many variations. A bridge would be nice too to add a little more variation.

My estimate of what I need is about 30-45 seconds of music but I am not a musician. I would like to keep this first commission short and minimise costs/risks for now as this game will be free. I will take care of the looping of the music and the syncing of the speech files as that dynamic will be part of the game. I intend to continue making more games and I hope to commission more music as things develop.

Please try to give me some indication of your prices.

Thanks for your time!

Albert Fernandez
Completed: http://store.steampowered.com/app/395520/

#4 Post by Albert Fernandez »

Send you a PM

Adrián Blauvac
Soundcloud: Adrián Blauvac

#5 Post by Adrián Blauvac »

Sending a PM

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran

#6 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the messages. I have sent a generic message around as I have decided to extend the scope of the project and postpone any decisions about music for now. I am just going to concentrate on the art and code for the new sections and features of the game for the next 2-3 weeks. I'll return to thoughts about the music after that. Thanks for all your interest!

Korochi
Regular

Re: Musician wanted for educational games for toddlers (postponed till late May)

#7 Post by Korochi »

PM Sent! Cheers!