[CLOSED] Seeking musician to transcribe soundtrack by ear

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
_eternal

[CLOSED] Seeking musician to transcribe soundtrack by ear

#1 Post by _eternal »

EDIT: Offer closed, I realized a full remake is beyond my scope right now. Sorry!

Hey!

A few years ago I released a free VN called Sepia Tears, and I'm thinking of selling the soundtrack as DLC on Steam. However, the original project was disorganized to say the least — long story short, none of us have access to the original DAW files used for the music. That means we can't re-master the soundtrack, or even export to different formats.

Therefore, if budget allows, I'm thinking of hiring someone to transcribe the OST by ear and remaster as needed. No new compositions required. Conveniently, someone made a Youtube playlist for the soundtrack, so you can give it a listen.

If you're interested, please email admin@scarletstring.moe with samples of your work! I'm not sure how difficult transcription is compared to composition, so we can talk things over to determine if this is a viable idea.
Last edited by _eternal on Sun May 06, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Korochi
Regular

Re: Seeking musician to transcribe soundtrack by ear

#2 Post by Korochi »

Email sent. Thanks!

Adrián Blauvac
Soundcloud: Adrián Blauvac

#3 Post by Adrián Blauvac »

Sending mail

LeetMusic
Veteran
Completed: Cursed Lands, Roommates, Wildfire: Ticket To Rock, Seeds Of Chaos
Projects: LeetStreet Boys, Paladin Dream, Murder Is Game Over

#4 Post by LeetMusic »

Do you own the rights to the music so that you are ethically able to do this?

_eternal

#5 Post by _eternal »

Thanks for the emails! Will get back to you soon.
LeetMusic wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:35 am Do you own the rights to the music so that you are ethically able to do this?
Yep, I bought the rights from the original composer, but he's off doing other projects right now.