[SOLVED] Writer wanted!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Plueschkatze
Regular
Tumblr: Plueschkatzeart
Deviantart: Plueschkatze
itch: Plueschkatze

[SOLVED] Writer wanted!

#1 Post by Plueschkatze »

Hello everyone!

UPDATE:
I found a writer, thanks everyone! You all are amazing!!!

----

I'm looking for a passionate (co-)writer to join me on a small, short-term project.
My budget: 100€ with a maximum of 150€. Sadly nothing more, but I could also offer a reasonable amount of skilltrading (I do pixelart and character art).
Payment through paypal.

I am looking for a story inbetween 7.5-12.5k words. This would be mostly dialogue.
It would NOT be for an usual visual-novel type game, but an RPG Maker x Visual Novel hybrid.
So, there wouldn't be a need for long, pretty sounding, descriptions of scenery, since these will be cutscenes with dialogue. (Like in oldschool JRPGs)
A short movie/theater script like note of what is happening would be more than enough.

Here are the games I worked on before: https://plueschkatze.itch.io/

I have some setting and plot ideas in mind, but I'm also open to ideas.
I'm looking for a project containing some nsfw content, but only 16+, no explicit sex scenes, just some naked skin.
I'm mostly looking for something sweet and heartwarming. Suitable for a female (and male) audience.
Maybe a project with 2-3 love interests.

I want the author to have fun with the project, especially since my budget is small and this is aimed to be a commercial release.
And as I enjoy teamwork, it would be amazing if we could hang out in discord textchat and bounce some ideas back and forth.
My timezone is CEST (Germany). I'm mostly available between 8am and 4pm CEST.

Genres I'd prefer:
High-Fantasy
Steampunk
Cyberpunk
Slice of Life (especially about the artist life, no matter which creative passion)
Asian Fantasy
Fairy tales
Adventure
Romance-Comedy
Yuri, Yaoi and/or Hetero

To give you a better idea of content I enjoy, here are a few series I like...
Games: Suikoden (1+2), Final Fantasy 7, The Last of Us, Life is Strange, Telltale's The Walking Dead, ...
Anime: Anohana, Toradora, Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood), Death Note, ...
Shows/Movies: Game of Thrones, Gotham, Downton Abbey, How I met you mother, Harry Potter, ...
Many, many more, these are just the first couple that came to my mind.

What I'm looking for:
- A writer that can write believable and likeable characters.
- Well written dialogue.
- Someone who has time to work on this right away. If you are currently super busy, this is not for you.
- Someone who is transparent and relieable.
- Someone who has great english skills. (I'm not a native speaker~ this is one of the main reasons I'm looking for help!)
- This will be a short-deadline game project for me, much like gamejam, so I need someone who can write a story within a short amount of time.

If this sounds interesting to you, feel free to write me a PM with a short example of your work! :3
I'd love to talk to you a bit!

- Plueschkatze.
Last edited by Plueschkatze on Mon May 07, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Social Media:
Twitter | Itch.io | Patreon

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

Re: Writer wanted! [Updated]

#2 Post by Morhighan »

I sent a PM, hope you find someone that matches what you are looking for! ^u^

caterwaulings
Regular
Organization: Lux Corona Media
Tumblr: luxcorona

Re: Writer wanted! [Updated]

#3 Post by caterwaulings »

I'm going to be sending something in... I hope I'm not too late!
Cate, Novelist & Story Consultant -- See my info here