[Closed] Cafe Memoria Deux - Hiring food artist

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

[Closed] Cafe Memoria Deux - Hiring food artist

#1 Post by thebackup »

2018/05/28 - Closed! Thanks to those who applied!

I'm recruiting a food artist for Café Memoria Deux!

Some overview of the project

This visual novel is a slice-of-life comedy set in a restaurant environment with five lovely waitresses. :)

As a general overview of progress, the script is mostly done and edited. Character art is still in the works, with 5/9 sprites done. GUI is still being worked on, and several BG artworks done. You can see progress in the link to the blog above.

What I need
  • 30 pieces of food artworks
  • Note that it may seem like a lot, but they do not have to be super detailed; see below
  • Minimum 800x520 resolution, 20:13 aspect ratio (note that game is 1280x720), PNG format w/ transparent background
  • Motivation, reliability, and proactivity - very important! While updates twice or more per week are nice, I'd like to be kept updated at least once a week. I can be very flexible with schedules, as long as the communication is there

Type and style of food art
  • Make them look delicious! They do not have to be super detailed - in fact the food style as seen in various anime is sufficient. Detailed backgrounds are not necessary; need to be placed against a transparent BG in PNG format.
  • The types of food you will be drawing are breakfast items (like cereals), lunch items (like pizza), dinner items (like crab legs), and drinks (like a glass of orange juice or a bottled drink).

Style ideas
Link to food image: https://twitter.com/memoriavn/status/963108392762933248

To get an idea of in-game BGs and sprites
ImageImage

Budget
Varying price from $10 per food item for a total of $300 (10x30), to maybe $15 per food item for a total of $450 (15x30). Payment in batches of 5 or 6. Negotiable.

Interested?
Send me a PM or email here with samples of your work. Note: don't send samples via attachment, but rather link(s) to your portfolio of some kind, like your DeviantArt, Pixiv, site, or similar. Speaking of which, if hired, I'd appreciate it if progress and completed works are sent via a link (dropbox, google drive, etc...), not email attachment.

Of course let me know of any questions and/or concerns.

I'll be keeping this open for at least a week (May 21-28), and will contact you if you're chosen. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!
Last edited by thebackup on Mon May 28, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rowantree28
Projects: Before the Strawberry Moon Sets (working title)
Tumblr: gg-gamer-writer
Deviantart: gg-gamer-writer

Re: Cafe Memoria Deux - Hiring food artist

#2 Post by rowantree28 »

PM sent. I’ll be hard at work practicing drawing food.

MGO
Regular
Completed: The Girl of Glass, Heart of the Party, The Miller's Daughter
Projects: Recidivia, The Knight & The Maiden, Road to Yondolfa, My Girlfriend's Friends

#3 Post by MGO »

I just sent you an email with my portfolio and rates :)

DAX
Regular
Deviantart: daxsu-artsu

#4 Post by DAX »

I sent you an email and I hope you get it.

lynkn
Deviantart: lynkn

#5 Post by lynkn »

I just sent an email. Hope to hear from you soon.