Looking for artist (18+)(Long term)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Dirtblast_McSass
Projects: SmashTV, Portrait of You

Looking for artist (18+)(Long term)

#1 Post by Dirtblast_McSass »

Hello. I am looking for an artist to assist me with Down on Dickson Street.

About:
Down on Dickson Street is an 18+ episodic visual novel detailing the lives of four families living on Dickson Street. Each episode focuses on one of three main characters and their growing plot line.

What I need:
I need an artist to work with me long term on this project as I have multiple seasons planned. The release schedule for each episode is loose but as the assets pile up, we will be able to launch episodes faster.

Your responsibilities:
Everything art related from sprites to backgrounds to CGs to advertising stuff.

Sprites: main characters and important side characters will have 4 expressions each (1 pose), maybe more if needed. Unimportant side characters will have 2 expressions each (1 pose), maybe more or less depending on the character.

Backgrounds: mostly houses and the same rooms in each house. Living room, kitchens, bedroom. Nothing too over the top.

CGs: Each episode will have 10 or more CG images for the NSFW scene. A lot of these will have minor changes to facial expressions or movement.

Advertising: This will be a Patreon run project so banners and such for the Patreon page then concept art and pin up pics for the monthly pledges as needed.

Payment:
As stated this will be through Patreon and your payment will be 50%. I expect a partner though. Someone to take charge of the art and create how this world looks and help make this game successful.

Please ask your questions and link your portfolio here or email me: tim.mcfarlane97@gmail.com
Last edited by Dirtblast_McSass on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lenbasisky

#2 Post by Lenbasisky »

Last edited by Lenbasisky on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dirtblast_McSass

Re: Looking for artist (18+)(Long term)

#3 Post by Dirtblast_McSass »

Lenbasisky wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:52 pm I would have three questions:
1) Can you link me such Patreon? I tried to search it, but i didn't find anything. I would like to get more informations about such project from there as well.
2) What happened to the artist that started to collaborate with you on November viewtopic.php?t=46715?
3) Can you possibly tell me the name of the artist in question? I would like to make some questions to this one to have an idea of how the collaboration with you will work.
4) And what about the art that this one made for you? Will the new artist have to remake it?
1) The page was never published because it wasn't going to be published until the release of the first episode but here is the preview: https://www.patreon.com/dods
2) He had to delay working on it as personal problems came up and unfortunately they weren't able to be resolved so he could start up the project again. He said to move on without him.
3) I'll PM you his deviant art link
4) With him gone, the art will unfortunately have to be redone because money will be involved and all the standard intellectual properties laws apply

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Last edited by Dirtblast_McSass on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lenbasisky

#4 Post by Lenbasisky »

Last edited by Lenbasisky on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dirtblast_McSass

Re: Looking for artist (18+)(Long term)

#5 Post by Dirtblast_McSass »

Lenbasisky wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:36 pm Ok, i see. In such case, i would want to ask you the following questions:
1) For your project, do you prefer an artstyle more realistic as the one which was used by the previous artist or even something cartoonish or manga style is ok for you?
2) As you said, you had in mind to pay the artist with 50% of money that you and it will get from the Patreon, and that's ok. But my question about it is "do you have the intention to pay the artist to make at least the first pics for the demo or do you expect that this one works for free hoping that this project will be successful?"
Cause that would be very risky and at least, it would be correct if the artist would be paid first (cause wasting time to make pics which will not get any profit from it will be very annoying).
1) I'm open to whatever style will work. The story is a bit gloomy with a lot of the characters being the "on the verge of depression" and "midlife crisis" types so some styles like "bright and shiny" or "cartoony" would feel out of place. Manga style is as versatile as realistic at times and I would be interested to see it applied here.
2) I feel you. After 8 months working on this, I'm itching to be paid too. I'm serious about this project and feel confident it will make money. If I have to buy some concept sketches and character designs off the artist to prove good faith I'll do it.

Lenbasisky

#6 Post by Lenbasisky »