Looking to commission a map

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Hazel
Regular
Projects: Wreath of Roses, BookSLEEPer, Girlfriend Material
Tumblr: zincalloygames
itch: zincalloy

Looking to commission a map

#1 Post by Hazel »

I am a writer of interactive fiction and I'm looking to commission an artist to draw a map for an IF story I'm working on.

I'm looking for someone with artistic skills and some experience in worldbuilding. We can discuss the details over PM or email (or Discord/Skype, if you prefer). I have a general idea of the broad physical features I need, and some of the more specific landmarks. However, I need someone with experience drawing maps specifically, who can appropriately fill in the details that I lack. I can mock up a draft if needed, or stick to a verbal description. Whatever works for you.

I can also provide more details of the content of the story, if you're interested.

Since I'm a fantasy writer and I have several other projects in the works, if the first commission works out well for both of us, I would definitely be interested in commissioning more maps in the future.

Of course full credit would be given anywhere the map was featured. Price is negotiable. I don't know what the going rate for cartography is.
Image Image

BookSLEEPer (writer) * Girlfriend Material (writer/programmer)

Peter524

Re: Looking to commission a map

#2 Post by Peter524 »

Private msg