Seeking Background Artist for sci-fi dating sim

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
JonFreeman
Deviantart: jonfreeman

Seeking Background Artist for sci-fi dating sim

#1 Post by JonFreeman »

Hello

I’m reaching out on behalf of my company, Silverfish Entertainment, and we’re currently looking for a background artist. The character art style is a little different than the usual anime-influenced VN work, so having flexibility in your work is a plus.

Upfront the budget for this is 2K (with some wiggle room) and we’re doing what we can to work economically as there’s no external funding. Additionally, if you have some creative insights on how to work around production constraints we’re facing that’d be amazing.

Any rate, the project is a light PG-13 sci-fi dating sim. There will around 9-15 standard dialogue screens, most of which will take place on the main ship in various rooms. (There will be a couple other locations and exterior ship shots)
A major hitch, tho, is that there is a larger dating pool. And as par for the course, each of these different dating candidates will have a couple cinematic pictures for special interactions. For example, the engine room will have a standard wide-angle level shot, but during a character specific interaction the camera angle would look down at one of the engine compartments while flirting with the mechanic. If you have a creative solution for this hurdle (that isn’t just a color/gradient card), please let me know (especially if it’s something you can fix yourself).

Regarding progress on the project itself: we are currently doing various number-crunching approaches in order to see if we can get this pulled off without cutting a ton of content. Once we get this past we’ll be good to go full production mode. (so the start date may experience a delay depending on how fast we can solve the final budget/scope issues).

Any rate, if you’re still interested, just send me a tell at jonathonfreeman@live.com
Please include links to your portfolio (additional links to sci-fi specific examples would be grand).
Additionally, if you have any general questions about the project; feel free to ask.

Cheers!
- Jon

anirhapsodist
Regular
Completed: All For You
Projects: Written in the Sky, Seduce Me: My Princess, Blind Men, Carpe Diem: Reboot, All For You
Organization: Home
Deviantart: anirhapsodist

Re: Seeking Background Artist for sci-fi dating sim

#2 Post by anirhapsodist »

I sent you an email.
hope to hear from you soon!

svarn
Deviantart: mongdej

Re: Seeking Background Artist for sci-fi dating sim

#3 Post by svarn »

Well if you need the same room in multiple different angles, then perhaps hiring a 3d artist for the job would solve the problem for you.
That of course comes with a bit different look, but it should be good for sci-fi.