Programmer / Consultant Needed For 18+ Point And Click Game

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
PaperLight

Programmer / Consultant Needed For 18+ Point And Click Game

#1 Post by PaperLight »

Hello,

I'm looking for a programmer that has experience working with the ins and outs of Ren'Py for two things, primarily:

1. Development / implementation of certain systems involved in this project. For example - inventory system, galleries, custom menu system, etc.

2. General consulting / code review. A lot of the general game logic I would know how to code in Python, but I may not always be sure of the best way to implement it with Ren'Py. Being able to reach out and ask questions throughout the process would be tremendously helpful. If working on a time-basis, I'd of course be happy to adhere to minimum payments.

Other Information:
  • This project is 18+, so you should be comfortable working with this topic.
  • This project has only just started and while a good amount of script has been written, very little has been implemented so far. This is because I want to make sure we have a good foundation and things are being handled correctly, so there is not a work that needs to be re-done if something is messed up. After a first paid consultation asking how certain things should be implemented, a lot will be added to the actual game.
  • I only have placeholder sprites to work with right now, but I should be able to switch these out myself when I receive the final sprites.
  • If you have previous work to show, that would be helpful to include as well.
  • If there's any other information you think I should know, please include this with your message. Additionally, if there are any questions I can answer, please feel free to ask as well!
Thanks!

Saltome
Veteran
Deviantart: saltome

Re: Programmer / Consultant Needed For 18+ Point And Click Game

#2 Post by Saltome »

For actual programming I'll ask 10 eur/day. But for general advice and feedback I'll likely be happy to do it for free.
If you're that curious of what my level is, feel free to take a dive in the code of the vn in my signature. ;)
It is a bit of a mess though. It's my playground after all.
Deviant Art: Image
Discord: saltome
Itch: Phoenix Start