[CLOSED] Soundtrack for My First Castellan

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
[Elysium] Véronique
Projects: My First Castellan
Organization: Elysium Studios
Deviantart: elysiumcoop
Github: kawaiidesune
itch: elysiumgames

[CLOSED] Soundtrack for My First Castellan

#1 Post by [Elysium] Véronique »

Hello!

So, progress is coming along in our background art and character art, but there's still something missing from this visual novel: music! We need someone to help us create a soundtrack for our first visual novel, My First Castellan. My First Castellan is set in a fictional Europe and has a few magical elements and we need a sound track to help us set the right tone for our visual novel.

In My First Castellan, you play Harlequin Beaumont, a noble who was chosen to be appointed as the Castellan of Vernon and First Castellan of the Kingdom of Cordonia. However, your first day does not go so well as you're forcibly changed into a woman by a spy pretending to be a diplomat. Your job is to navigate a world full of political intrigue, courtly politics, purse dogs, harsh winters, separatist rebellions, and funny-looking hats in order to get to the bottom of the conspiracy where your sex was changed in your own home.

For this game, we do need a signature song (think something akin to what "This is no Ero" is to Hate Plus, especially with one version with vocals and another that is completely instrumental), a couple of castle ambiance songs, a few slice of life songs and something à propos for a Christmas market.

As for compensation, we do plan to pay you up front for any work done, though the rate of payment is dependent on the arrangement we come up with as it regards to distribution of the musical assets along with whether it can be offered as a Kickstarter reward.

Genre: Suspense, mystery, slice of life, TG
Anticipated launch date: Summer 2019

We've made a decision on the musician and the position is now closed. Thanks to everyone who applied to help us craft our soundtrack!
Last edited by [Elysium] Véronique on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Véronique Bellamy, DPhil
Founder, Elysium Studios

LeetMusic
Veteran
Completed: Cursed Lands, Roommates, Wildfire: Ticket To Rock, Seeds Of Chaos
Projects: LeetStreet Boys, Paladin Dream, Murder Is Game Over

Re: Soundtrack for My First Castellan

#2 Post by LeetMusic »

Sent a PM. Good luck!

inkeyesmusic
Projects: Trumpealo, Pet City Ballons, Kibo, Tabaco Asesino, Garnet
IRC Nick: inkeyesmusic
Tumblr: inkeyesmusic
Soundcloud: inkeyesmusic

#3 Post by inkeyesmusic »

Sent you a mail!!! Good luck on finding the best fit.

jpsoundworks
Completed: Eternal Grace, Eternal Symphony, Kitaria Heroes: Force Bender, Epic Conquest
Organization: JP Soundworks
Soundcloud: jasson-prestiliano

#4 Post by jpsoundworks »

I sent you a mail.
Good luck.

Thank you.

Korochi
Regular

#5 Post by Korochi »

Hi, I just sent you a mail. Please let me know if it doesn't reach you. Thanks and good luck!

[Elysium] Véronique
Projects: My First Castellan
Organization: Elysium Studios
Deviantart: elysiumcoop
Github: kawaiidesune
itch: elysiumgames

#6 Post by [Elysium] Véronique »

We made a decision on the musician we are going with (we'll be going with LeetMusic) and we want to thank everyone who applied. However, this isn't the end and Elysium plans to publish more visual novels in the future, with our next VN being announced to the public in the spring.
Véronique Bellamy, DPhil
Founder, Elysium Studios

LeetMusic
Veteran
Completed: Cursed Lands, Roommates, Wildfire: Ticket To Rock, Seeds Of Chaos
Projects: LeetStreet Boys, Paladin Dream, Murder Is Game Over

Re: [CLOSED] Soundtrack for My First Castellan

#7 Post by LeetMusic »

I am still owed money by Elysium / Veronique on this project, and it's been more than 1 month since they have corresponded with me even though I finished the work back in February. Going forward I would caution anyone considering whether to work for this developer based on my experience and non-payment. If Elysium / Veronique is able to resolve this issue then I will delete this post but at this point I feel that it's appropriate for me to be outspoken.