[CLOSED] Ren'Py/Python programmer (simple minigame)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
demscephei
Projects: Synthetic Girlfriend
Organization: Handcrafted Games
Deviantart: dsxcephei
itch: demscephei

[CLOSED] Ren'Py/Python programmer (simple minigame)

#1 Post by demscephei »

Hello, I'm Dems! The developer of the sci-fi, romanceable robot girls visual novel: Synthetic Girlfriend!
SynthGF is a story-based VN that's currently on the works (and soon to release a demo!), however, I want to spice things up with a small minigame (highly based on that Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire ice maze gym minigame). Problem is, I don't actually know how to code it! So I'm looking for a Python/Ren'Py programmer who could give me a hand in the coding department with that.

How the minigame works:
  • You spawn in a tile at the edge of the board. You have to step on every tile on the board and reach the goal tile.
  • If you step on the same tile twice, you lose.
(Here's some footage of the actual ice maze puzzle in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAQDYjJFUZ4

What I need for the first demo of Synthetic Girlfriend:
  • The minigame itself (variable grid size, grid movement, spawn tile, goal tile, regular tile, wall tile).
  • Full implementation with Ren'Py (a menu to access/quit the minigame, browse/select the puzzles).
  • Completion tracker (a way to show the player which puzzles they've completed, and a % indicator).
  • A simple puzzle maker/editor (I don't mind if it's just editing .txts, but I need a way to easily create new puzzles on my own).
Requirements:
  • Show me your portfolio. If you worked on another projects or have any work relevant to my project, please show me!
  • You need to have a kinda advanced knowledge on Ren'Py (screens, menus,etc.) and/or Python.
  • You'll have to keep in contact and show me the progress on a regular basis.
Terms:
  • Add me on Discord if you wanna apply, I find it much easier to talk over there. My tag is Dems#0023.
  • This will be a one time thing with the possibility of re-hiring to add more features like new game modes or types of tiles for the full game.
  • Please submit your rate, I'll pay you half the amount upfront and the other half when you're finished. All of this will be handled via PayPal
  • This is just for the base minigame, however, as I mentioned above, I want the minigame to have a bunch of different game modes and types of tiles in the future. We can discuss this after joining the project and coding the base minigame.
  • Your name will be in the credits, and you'll receive an early demo when it's done!

Thanks for taking your time to read this and have a fantastic day!

- Dems.