[CLOSED] Looking for background artist for hotel interiors (20 scenes) for mystery/thriller VN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
chigaijin

[CLOSED] Looking for background artist for hotel interiors (20 scenes) for mystery/thriller VN

#1 Post by chigaijin »

We found someone; thanks for all interest!

Hello, everyone! I'm working on a linear murder mystery / thriller VN inspired by Umineko: When They Cry. The summary:
A family trip in a haunted hotel goes exactly how you’d expect with a synopsis starting with “a family trip in a haunted hotel”.

Murder. It goes murder.
We're looking for a background artist, preferably with a painterly style, to do backgrounds for the inside of the hotel. Most of the story takes place there, so there'll be maybe 20 scenes, some with day/night variants, and they ought to look consistent. The story is set in the present and the building was built in the 60s and then renovated as a hotel in the 90s, so it's going to be a cozy but modern interior.

Some more info:

- The story is already written. I'm about a third of the way through adapting it from prose (~45K words) to VN form now, but there's no worry of the project being abandoned for lack of material.

- Our creative consultant, Mimi the Alpaca, is also our character artist. We currently have concept art for the main characters; a background artist is our main missing piece right now!

- I am a coder as well as a writer, so we're equipped to handle any Ren'Py challenges that might come up.

- The final VN will be distributed for free, with the option to pay $X (undecided) for a "fan pack" consisting of production notes, concept art, the few original songs we'll have, and the original prose form of the story.

- I understand that 20 scenes is a lot; rest assured that I'm expecting this commission to be on the order of months. I'd rather have someone consistently in for the long haul than someone who cranks out 6 backgrounds in a week and then disappears.

If you've got questions, please reply here or message me. Same goes if you're interested; please include your rates and a sample of your work.

I'll leave you with a screenshot portraying the main characters, using birctreel's nice notebook theme as a placeholder GUI. Thanks for your consideration!
screenshot0001.jpg
Last edited by chigaijin on Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneSleepyDormouse
Projects: eldarya AU vn fan project (self indulgence)
Tumblr: imagine-the-unicorns
Deviantart: one-sleepy-dormouse
itch: onesleepydormouse

Re: Looking for background artist for hotel interiors (20 scenes) for mystery/thriller VN

#2 Post by OneSleepyDormouse »

Hello

I do backgrounds as commission too, so I might be of use:
(some examples)
https://www.deviantart.com/one-sleepy-d ... ackgrounds

some other examples:
https://www.deviantart.com/one-sleepy-dormouse/gallery/

most of my work is still on tumblr, so here is the link:
http://imagine-the-unicorns.tumblr.com/tagged/my+art

my basic price for bgs is 10€ per background (might be higher depending on the complexity of the background tho, for example: is it not the same a house than a castle, a tiny garden than a full on magical magnificent forest, etc )

if you are interested, please feel free to contact me at this email (I only use it for art jobs/commissions): one.sleepy.dormouse@gmail.com, here, deviantart or tumblr (the only thing is that given I'm new to this site I might be slower than contacted with the other options, as I'm still figuring out how everything works)