Sprite Artist for BxB VN [CLOSED]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Yulia
Regular
Completed: Luna Piena ~Descent into Darkness~ | Every Day's Different | AOGTSR | Possessions | Reflections ~Dreams & Reality~ | SSWK | The Queen of Blackwood High | Mizari Loves Company
Projects: Honey Trap | Sweet As Magic
Organization: Crystal Compass
itch: crystal-compass

Sprite Artist for BxB VN [CLOSED]

#1 Post by Yulia »

**EDIT: Due to the number of applications I've been receiving I have moved the date up by one day. For all potential artists I will send out an email regarding my decision. For any who are interested in contacting me please send in your application by midnight tonight (12 AM, Pacific Standard Time) to be considered.**

**EDIT 2: The deadline has passed and I have made a final decision and have contacted the chosen artist. Thank you to everyone who submitted an application and please look forward to the release of the game!**

Hi! My name is Wes and I'm currently developing a BxB VN for NaNoRenO called 'Honey Trap'. I'm looking for an artist that is going to be dedicated to the project as well as be reliable and professional.

As for the assets I'll be providing visual reference and detailed character descriptions. I have an image in mind for my sprites, but I encourage the artist to use their creativity!

I would prefer an anime/manga style, but please feel free to contact me with your samples.

Project Details
  • Genres: BxB, Action, Crime, Mystery
  • Commercial/Free: Free/Pay what you want (NaNoRenO version)
  • Word Count (NaNoRenO version): ~10k+
  • Synopsis: KIKYO Agency deals with all underground happenings and individuals. Naturally, there are some clients that want dirt on people they want snuffed out. There’s no easier way to slide in between a prey’s defenses more than playing with their carnal desires. Honey Trap Agents are devilish spiders ready to sink their fangs into the next target—but what happens when they pick on something bigger than they can chew?
  • Current Progress: Outlining and brainstorming. Official writing will begin in March when NaNoRenO launches.

Responsibilities
  • Creating 3 thigh-up sprites that will have 3-4 expressions and 1-2 outfits each.
This is for the NaNoRenO version only, other character assets will be needed if I do move onto expanding the game. CGs are still in consideration, but for the time being I will only be needing character sprites.

Requirements
All applicants will be considered by the following:
  • Must be comfortable and legal to work with R18 content. (CGs will be R18).
  • Be willing to work with BL/BxB content.
  • Display professionalism and passion throughout the entirety of the project.
  • Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
  • Is comfortable with strict leadership and deadlines set by the developer.
  • Is committed to the schedule and will do mandatory check-ins via Discord at least 2 times a week.
  • Submitting all completed works in a .PSD file or similar format type.
  • Possesses various forms of contact (email, Discord, Twitter) and is readily available at one of those.
**Additional information but are not required of the applicant are that the artist has prior VN experience and works in the Pacific, Central, or Eastern Time zones.**

Payment
  • All payments will be made via Paypal.
  • My current budget for all three sprites is $250. I am willing to provide a bit more if the artist matches/follows accordingly to all the requirements above, so please contact me in detail regarding this. I am willing to pay 50% upfront or have it based on per-assignment pay.

Contact
  • Discord: Wes#1963

If you're interested in this project please contact me via the methods I have posted above. Please include a brief introduction of yourself, portfolio, and rates. I will be accepting submissions until February 25. I look forward to hearing from you!
Last edited by Yulia on Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wes (Crystal Compass)
~ Writer, Art Director, Narrative Designer, Developer ~

ImageImage
ImageImage

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

Re: Sprite Artist for BxB VN

#2 Post by Fungii »

Sent you an email!

Daphinteresting
Regular
Projects: Panzermadels, Quest Failed, Acquittal: Induction and more!
Deviantart: DaphInteresting

#3 Post by Daphinteresting »

I sent an email. :)

AyraIsaac
Regular
Deviantart: ayraisaac

#4 Post by AyraIsaac »

Sent an email. :)
Working as a SP<->EN translator for two projects:
Tomboys Need Love Too - by Zetsubou
The Divine Speaker - by Two and a Half Studios
-----
Tenemos un grupo de Discord para los hispanohablantes, sean bienvenidos! -->https://discord.gg/GBf3Njf