[Paid Work] [NSFW] Concept Artist and Environmental Artist

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Dream3r

[Paid Work] [NSFW] Concept Artist and Environmental Artist

#1 Post by Dream3r »

I copied this post from reddit, the images however won't carry over. If you'd like to view the original please do so here. If you're interested shoot me an email or a dm on Discord. Email is, dakota@livingdreament.com Discord is DakotaLDE#5650 Thank you!

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a couple freelance artist to have work on a nsfw project of mine. It's a text heavy Adult RPG called The Turning Project.
It's still relatively early in development so expect it to look a little better than this when it's playable
I'm looking for two artist to join my team of 11, a concept artist, and an environmental artist. Details about each role will be found below as well as what to expect working with the team and pay.

Concept Artist: Preferably you will have experience with drawing creatures because that's the main thing I'm going to need help bringing to life. The game for the most part is set in a normal, modern setting so references for most things are simple. However towards the end of the first act is when things start to get turned on their head and some alien parasite like creatures come into play. Think something like facehuggers from Alien meets the Swarm from Starcraft, with their goal being harvesting biomass (living creatures to consume) and breed with the local wildlife (in this case humans). Depending on the route the player goes they're either going to be leading these things, their Spawn, or fighting against them. Over the course of the project we'll be needing to come up with some cool designs for what these look like and how they behave.

Environmental Artist: See how behind the characters we have a colored background with the letters TP repeating on it? Yeah that's not staying. What I would like to do is have the location the character is in show there. Now if both characters are in the same spot you'd basically be looking at the left portion of the background on the player side and the right portion on the NPC side. This isn't always the case though as the player could be speaking with someone on the phone or such and thus be in a different location than who they are speaking to, so in that case they would have different backgrounds. Essentially what you would be making here is two pieces of art for each location, like Cafe (Left) and Cafe (Right). The game will then display each of these panels as needed. The center of the game is for text so we likely don't need to have the center portion of the background drawn but we should probably handle the art in a way where if we do decide to have full backgrounds shown later (say for a more cinematic scene) we can later go in and draw that center piece between the two for one whole piece. Likely though we won't need to do that. Also, the character art style is a mix of semi-realism and anime. The environments should roughly fit this style so the characters don't seem odd within them.

Characters will be animated in build v0.05 we're currently working on build v0.04

Working on The Turning Project: As mentioned the team is currently at 11 members including myself. Around half of us are partners on the project (meaning we are splitting the earnings in some fashion) and the other half are freelancers. I'm looking to bring on freelancers at this point as a good portion of the "earnings" have been spoken for. As for what is funding the project and how you will be paid, currently it's mostly me funding everything out of pocket with the intention that our Patreon will take over once we have a playable build up for people to enjoy. (At the time of writing this the Patreon bring in $60ish a month and I put in about 10x that to cover the cost of the freelancers on the team). I am open to discussing cost as I do not have a set amount in my mind I am going for. I currently spend about $300 a month on the character art and I'd probably spend the same between both the concept and the environmental art. We can discuss the details of what your rates are.

My main goal here is to find talented artists who will mesh well with the project and the team. I will likely, unless you are incredibly affordable, only be commissioning one piece of art per month (from each of you). I'm wanting to get a feel for how we want to handle the concept and environmental art, get some cost in mind, and then setup goals for the Patreon for you two so that we can get you working more once we have a more serious budget to work with.

Additional Info:
- I make payments through paypal
- We have a Discord with channels for programming, art, voice acting, etc. Most of the team discussions are handled on Discord.
- I'm moving to Portland in June, if we don't get the build up before then and some cash flow then I may be tight over the Summer but commissions will pick back up when either I'm back earning normal revenue or the Patreon kicks in.

Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day!
-DakotaLDE