[OPEN] Hiring: Artists for Items & Animated Magic Effects

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

[OPEN] Hiring: Artists for Items & Animated Magic Effects

#1 Post by Windchimes »

Hello!

We’re looking for freelance artists who can draw some items or do animated magic effects on independent contractor basis. It'll be for our commercial fantasy otome game, Reanimation Scheme. More information about the project can be found on our LSF thread, Tumblr or Twitter.

Position #1: Artist for Items
  • Task: Draw items to be used in Reanimation Scheme, e.g. spellbook, letter, ring, scroll, potion, etc.
  • Art style: Anime style, preferably close to the style of the game art
  • Workload: Exact number of items to be determined, but current estimate would be 10 to 20.
  • Time: Will be a long-term commission as I will be sending you instructions for an item I need as I determine it's needed during script-writing.
  • Deadline: To be specified depending on each item. Some will be needed by July, while most will only be needed by game release in 2020.
  • Payment: Please include your prices when you apply
  • Communication: Discord preferred. Email as second preference.

Position #2: Artist for Animated Magic Effects
  • Task: Draw magic effects to be used in Reanimation Scheme when the characters cast magic, e.g. magic symbols or runes, elemental magic effects (air slash, fireball, etc.).
    - These are primarily pieces of hand-drawn art. You’ll be expected to design different magic effects and draw them. Then you’ll be asked to add simple animation to them, e.g. adding a glow to the magic symbols, applying stroke effect to the runes so they look like they’re being written stroke by stroke, flickering fireball, etc.
    - Animations can be done by manipulating the art in software (e.g. After Effects) rather than drawing each frame by hand. If you choose the latter, I’m only expecting 3-4 frames of looping animation, really. Quite simple.
  • Delivery format: Finished work should be delivered in either a series of PNGs or a transparent .webm.
  • Art style: Anime style, preferably close to the style of the game art
  • Workload: Exact number of effects to be determined, but current estimate would be 20 to 40.
  • Time: Will be a long-term commission as I will be sending you instructions for each effect I need as I determine it's needed during script-writing.
  • Deadline: To be specified depending on each effect. Some will be needed by July, while most will only be needed by game release in 2020.
  • Payment: Please include your prices when you apply
  • Communication: Discord preferred. Email as second preference.

Application Details
  • Method: Send an email to windchimesgames.commissions@gmail.com with your application.
  • Deadline: May 12, 2018 (Due to time zone differences, it might be safer to submit your application slightly earlier than the last day)
  • Information to be included:
    1. Relevant art samples
    2. Portfolio link (if any)
    3. Previous VN experience (if any)
    4. Your prices (per item / effect)
    5. Preferred method of communication
Please note that all finished work will be included in the visual novel (which will be sold as a commercial game), as well as the game artbook (which will be both offered as a Kickstarter reward and available for purchase as a DLC). No royalties or additional payments will be made for the sales of the visual novel or artbook, as you'll only be receiving a flat rate for each piece of finished work. Please account for this commercial usage when you determine your prices in your application.

All applications will be considered in one go at the end of the deadline, and the decision on which artist(s) to be hired will be made soon after. The chosen artist(s) will be contacted with further details and discussions of particular terms.
Last edited by Windchimes on Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 am, edited 11 times in total.

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

Re: [OPEN] Hiring: Artists for Items & Animated Magic Effects

#2 Post by Red-Baby »

Sent an email =]