Looking for a mobile porter/ publisher

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: One Night Stand
Projects: VIDEOVERSE
Tumblr: gamesbykinmoku
itch: kinmoku

Looking for a mobile porter/ publisher

#1 Post by Kinmoku »

Hello.

I would like to bring my game One Night Stand to mobile. I know that Ren'Py exports to Android and iOS, but with so many devices to test, no understanding of xcode and no publishing power behind me, I'm looking for a porting/ publishing partner who can take my game and bring it cleanly to Google Play and the App store, for mobiles and tablets.

Thank you.

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

Re: Looking for a mobile porter/ publisher

#2 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Do you want to pay for your own Google Play and App store shop front or publish to someone else's? Google Play is affordable but I believe iOS has an initial cost of 99 dollars and a recurring cost of 99 dollars per year. Perhaps we could split the costs? I have published a few titles to Google Play with GUI built from the ground up, and I have done apps sold for a flat fee, in app purchases and free apps. There were a lot of headaches along the way, and I expect there will be along the way again, but I got there in the end. I have also been getting much closer to getting Xcode to work on my PC using a virtual machine recently. Again, there will be quite a few headaches left before I get iOS sorted and I don't like the price tag, but it is something I'm interested in doing sooner or later. As a teacher, I may have a lot of free time this summer (not 100% guaranteed).

I've also lived in Germany (Goerlitz [two years], Frankfurt [one year], and Berlin [quite a few summers, as my dad lives there]) and I have a German brother and a couple of cousins. I used to translate my animations into German and get my friends to proofread them or help with voice acting. I wouldn't mind getting back into doing an exchange like that if you are interested.

Can you link to your project or give me a rough idea of genre, etc.? Any NSFW/graphic content?