Sprite Artist for 2019 Yaoi Game Jam Project [CLOSED]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Yulia
Regular
Completed: Luna Piena ~Descent into Darkness~ | Every Day's Different | AOGTSR | Possessions | Reflections ~Dreams & Reality~ | SSWK | The Queen of Blackwood High | Mizari Loves Company
Projects: Honey Trap | Sweet As Magic
Organization: Crystal Compass
itch: crystal-compass

Sprite Artist for 2019 Yaoi Game Jam Project [CLOSED]

#1 Post by Yulia »

**6/30/19: Thank you for all your applications, we have chosen and contacted the selected artist.**

Hello, my name is Wes and I am the co-founder of Crystal Compass. We are happy to announce that we will be participating in Yaoi Game Jam this year! We're looking for an artist that is going to be dedicated to the project as well as be reliable and professional.

We will provide visual references and detailed character descriptions. My partner and I have an image in mind for the sprites, but we encourage the artist to use their creativity!

The style we have in mind for the project is a mix of cartoon/anime, but please feel free to contact us with your samples.

Project Details

Synopsis: MC belongs to a rare class of mixed breeds, his father being a warlock and his mother being a dragon. As the sole owner of a restaurant, MC is struggling to make ends meet while catering to the needs of a diverse and unique community of customers including incubi, vampires, unicorns, and dragons. Amidst these challenges, MC has a shot at a whirlwind romance with a charming magical companion.
  • Genres: BxB, Romance, Fantasy/Supernatural
  • Commercial/Free: Free/Pay what you want
  • Word Count: 20,000+
  • Current Progress: Outlining and brainstorming. Official writing will begin in July when the jam starts.

Responsibilities
  • Creating 5 thigh-up sprites that will have up to 6 expressions and 1 outfit.
CGs are currently under consideration, but the sprites are the priority for the time being.

Requirements
All applicants will be considered by the following:
  • Must be comfortable and legal to work with R18 content. (The current rating is PG, but it may change).
  • Be willing to work with BL/BxB content.
  • Display professionalism and passion throughout the entirety of the project.
  • Must be willing to work in a fairly fast-paced environment.
  • Is comfortable with strict leadership and deadlines set by the developers.
  • Is committed to the schedule and will conduct mandatory check-ins via Discord at least 2 times a week.
  • Submitting all completed works in a .PSD file or similar format type.
  • Possesses various forms of contact (email, Discord, Twitter) and is readily available at one of those.
**Additional information but are not required of the applicant are that the artist has prior VN experience and works in the Pacific, Central, or Eastern Time zones.**

Payment
  • All payments will be made via Paypal.
  • Our current budget for all five sprites is $300. I am willing to provide a bit more if the artist matches/follows accordingly to all the requirements above, so please contact me in detail regarding this. I am willing to pay 50% upfront or have it based on per-assignment pay.

Contact
  • Discord: Wes#1963

If you're interested in this project please contact me via the methods I have posted above. Please include a brief introduction of yourself, portfolio, and rates. We will be accepting submissions until June 29th at 12 AM PST. We look forward to hearing from you!
Wes (Crystal Compass)
~ Writer, Art Director, Narrative Designer, Developer ~

ImageImage
ImageImage