[Paid Developer Offer] Build or Recycle Character Creation Menu, Closet Menu for Text Adventure Game.

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
BallsDeepWeep

[Paid Developer Offer] Build or Recycle Character Creation Menu, Closet Menu for Text Adventure Game.

#1 Post by BallsDeepWeep »

Hello everyone,

Thank you for viewing. This is paid work. I would like to pay someone a fair price for a quote and some programming services.

About:
We are building a game, it is a Text-Adventure about God's made mortal. They live out their lives rather mundanely. Our Main Character is an apathetic, pacifist demon who has a chance to find his/her humanity by battling other Gods/Demigods with his/her words. The unique battle system is a battle of words (Joke/Interrogate/Provoke/Give up).

Task
At the start of the game there are some menus that configure the Main Character's features.
  • For this sprint there is a Character Creation Menu and a Closet Menu.
    In the character menu you alternate and choose from the MC's features - eyes, horns, hair style, head size, hips size, bust size, and so on. There is less than 10.
    In the closet menu you can select from different attire - swimsuit, suit and tie, bodysuit, birthday suit, and so on.There is less than 5, but would like the space or skeleton for many.

It's important to us that the code be skeleton-like, meaning, I or someone with less developer skill can replicate some of the code to add in new assets with ease (more eyes, more horns, more swimsuits, and so on).
Completion so far:
I have a rough version in functional code with a panning camera effect when selecting different assets in the Character Creation menu. You can use this or start from scratch, whichever works best for you. If you can salvage the camera panning I will be grateful.

Assets/Preview

I have all the sprites ready now-

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... t_8302.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... t_8301.png
-and can crop them to send them over as soon as you are ready. I will check back in 8 hours.

I have been told that this is roughly $200 USD of work considering what's been completed. However, I will always defer to you regarding these things as I believe you may know better that I. I am also flexible on price and willing to pay a fair amount for good work. Bonus points for being polite.

Contact
Please reach out via Discord

Discord: BallsDeepWeep#1323
Email: BallsDeepWeep@gmail.com

If the project goes well and you have the capability, i'd love to foster a creative working relationship for the next sprint. It's a game where you use your words to navigate the world. I plan to see it through.

I look forward to hearing from you, I will look at this again in 8 hours. Thank you in advance!

Kyra
Projects: Warped Reality

Re: [Paid Developer Offer] Build or Recycle Character Creation Menu, Closet Menu for Text Adventure Game.

#2 Post by Kyra »

Added you on discord