[CLOSED] Creative character profiles

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
DC Productions

[CLOSED] Creative character profiles

#1 Post by DC Productions » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:22 am

I am currently fleshing out character concepts for a character-heavy romance/dating mobile game.

What I am looking for is a short form character profile (correct me if this is not the right term) for the girls that can be interacted with by the player.

A requirement is that each of these girls has a "problem" and an associated solution or goal they are working towards. There needs to be some thoughtful background to her situation to not only justify why her dilemma or personality flaw exists but also to endear the reader (player) to the character. (save the cat type formula at work here perhaps?).

I am looking for some compelling problem-solution scenarios that can be used to quickly draw the player into wanting to understand more about why this girl's behavior or personality quirk is the way it is. Something that will make the player want to talk to this character again in order to satisfy either morbid curiosity or to genuinely find out what happened next in their personal story arc. Creating effective set-up and payoff techniques used in writing is beyond my skill set. :)

This project is in its very early stages so I think it would be unfair to offer anything other than to straight-up pay for the work done.

I'm looking to get as many character profiles done as I can reasonably afford.

If you are interested, please let me know and send your desired rates and your availability.

Thanks!
Last edited by DC Productions on Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynn_Dragon1

Re: [Open] Creative character profiles

#2 Post by Lynn_Dragon1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi, I was wondering if you have any examples written? I'd like to see how much and what kinds of details you are looking for so I can send over an appropriate rate.

DC Productions

#3 Post by DC Productions » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:20 pm

Lynn_Dragon1 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:13 pm
Hi, I was wondering if you have any examples written? I'd like to see how much and what kinds of details you are looking for so I can send over an appropriate rate.
I do not. All I have are some unformatted notes I've written myself for character ideas.

I'm completing a game design doc to be used for funding. After funding, I'll be advancing to the next stage and looking for full-time writers to build out the characters, story, and dialogue. Therefore I don't want to spend effort on going too deep on these character's development yet.

To try and clarify the scope, I am looking for some high-level concepts. Each being 500 200 - 300 words or less. Like an elevator pitch, I'm hoping for a short, enticing bio that makes me want to find out more about this character. Most of the ones I have written work technically, but they're kind of generic and boring.

The game is designed so that each character will be their own story arc. The player will get to know each girl's problems through day-to-day interactions and become part of aiding them in discovering ways to resolve their issues. The player can have as many of these girls as friends as they can handle keeping up with engaging in their story arcs.

Thanks!

Lynn_Dragon1

#4 Post by Lynn_Dragon1 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:34 pm

I sent you a pm.