Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
I am currently looking to work with an artist for a personal project. It is now approaching the final stages where I am beginning to replace placeholders with finalized assets. Although I am an experienced programmer who is no longer using the Ren'Py engine (I created my own), I still need some individual UI elements to give the project a polished look.
Somewhat similar to the Steins;Gate VN, a major mechanic in the game is a cell phone that doubles as the game's menu. Not only does it have a messaging system with the protagonist's friends, it also has a number of other useful apps throughout the game. The majority of the elements I need are things like app icons, layout elements found in apps, loading animations, etc.
Preliminary List of Assets to be Commissioned:
- 3 Logos parodying existing real-life logos.
- 1 Application launch icon for the game (original creation).
- 7 "app" icons used in the in-game phone-menu system (some parody existing real-life app icons).
- 4 basic UI animations, either dealing with "loading" animations or "click here" animations.
- 6~ish miscellaneous layout assets, such as arrows, menu opening buttons, etc.
As you can see, this is a little bit of an eclectic mix, but I would like the same artist to be able to do all of these assets for the sake of consistency! The list above is simply a preliminary list and I might add a few more items as well (I've looked at the placeholders so long, sometimes I forget they are placeholders...). The vast majority of these assets will have references provided, but the application icon for the game is something that I would have to ask your input about -- I can discuss the game's premise at length to help with this.
- Please let me know estimated price per asset. I am flexible but would also like a rough idea of how much I am looking at.
- Please share your portfolio so I can decide whether the art style is a good fit for the game.
- Please share your animation work as well, or what quality of animations I may expect. Animations for the purposes of this project need to be in *.gif format.
- I am interested in a communicative and friendly working relationship! I want to work together with you so that we can make my passion project come alive.
Thank you very much!
As someone who has now commissioned numerous items from the wonderful artists on this forum, understand that it takes a little bit of time for project creators to fairly collect bids, portfolios, and suggestions from artists of all different time zones to create a positive working relationship that is the best fit for the project. Needless to say, this person is not you.
That aside, I was able to find someone to work on this, so thank you all!
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 2366
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 pm
- Completed: The Dark
- Projects: Cosplay Couple
- Tumblr: evns
- itch: Zelan
And, regardless of whether nightmaren was in the right or not, "waste of time" is hardly helpful for you to post. If you're going to go to the trouble of warning others away from a potential client, you could at least be more specific about exactly what wasn't to your liking. Took too long to answer (there's 4 hours between the original post and your post, you didn't even wait a day)? Asks for unreasonably low prices? Doesn't really know exactly what they want and wastes your time changing what they ask? "Waste of time" could mean any one of these things or something totally different. If you don't tell us what actually made you think that, we have no reason to put any stock in your claim that this opportunity is a "waste of time."
I'm glad you found someone to work with you, nightmaren, and I look forward to seeing more about your project. (:
Users browsing this forum: No registered users