[CLOSED] Looking for Composer (Traditional Chinese OST)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Gabmag
Regular
Completed: A Date with Death, The Divine Speaker, start;again, Amelie, The Sun and the Moon
Projects: Dreambound
Organization: Two and a Half Studios
IRC Nick: Gabmag

[CLOSED] Looking for Composer (Traditional Chinese OST)

#1 Post by Gabmag »

Hello, everyone!

My name's Gabby, and I'm the lead developer at Two and a Half Studios. While I'm currently working on our lead game, The Divine Speaker, I've also begun a small amount of work on our next title - Beyond the Abyss.

First, here's a little information about the game:

The Story

A vast divide between two planes, a war that’s spanned millenia. The righteous good that is the Gods of the Celestial City, and the devilish evil that is the Demons of the City Beneath the Arch. Forever locked in an insatiable conflict with no end.

That’s what they tell you, anyway. Just what is ‘good’ and ‘evil’, after all? Is there a line that divides the two so clearly that allows no mistake in judgement?

The story follows Zhang Zhenli - famed Demon commander and strategist - as he wakes up in the Celestial City and is mistaken for a god, and must survive a week without being discovered. Along the way he’ll see new and old faces, both friends and enemies, and his life will be turned upside down.

The worst part - he’ll have to face the one person he hates more than anyone else, the one who led him down the path of vengeance against the Gods long ago - Song Tao.

Features
Beyond the Abyss is a Xianxia/Chinese inspired fantasy BL Visual Novel with a singular love interest. We expect the game to be medium length, sitting at around 50,000-70,000 words. It is 18+ and will feature adult scenes, although not the main attraction/purpose of the story.

Open Job: Composer
We are currently on the hunt for a composer that is well-versed in Traditional Chinese composition. Here's what we require:
  • Prior work with traditional Chinese composition
  • Instruments such as: Woodwind (dizi, xiao, etc.), Percussion (gongs, bells, etc.), Bowed strings (erhu, gaohu, etc), Plucked and struck strings (guqin, pipa, etc.)
  • Songs to be around a minute and a half in length and loopable
Pay will be determined by your rates. Please note this is a commercial project.

Please send your rates along with previous work to: thedivinespeaker[at]yahoo.com

Thank you!
i make games sometimes, other times i cry.