Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:22 pm
- Projects: Lotus of the Junk Heap
- Tumblr: atelierursine.tumblr.com
I'm currently looking to commission artists for sprites of my characters. Send me your rates and portfolio!
At the moment, I'm open to various artistic styles at the moment, so convince me why yours fit my game! HOWEVER, I’m avoiding extreme anime styles (such as really big eyes, small mouths) and extreme realism.
That said, I do have a couple of requirements, so check these out first.
* Be able to draw the characters in a consistent style.
* Be able to draw anthro reptiles and bears (as well as humans).
* Be able to work long-term. There are currently 7 different sprites planned, but it’s possible that I may ask you to draw more characters for me.
* Be able to color and shade darker skin tones.
* I’m most likely going to ask you to design outfits for my characters. I have ideas, and will provide you with collage boards/references, but it’ll help a lot if you have experience in designing Asian-style clothing.
* As I said, I’m open to various artistic styles. Given the nature of my game, I’m leaning toward watercolor. If you can emulate watercolor digitally, that’s excellent.
For all the details about this job, here's the link to the Google Doc I created: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_zD ... m-iQo/edit
Summary of the game:
The game follows a plucky and optimistic half-human, half-air elemental named Nythera. She and her family is given a job: Investigate who is behind the terrorist attack in the city of Shèngjīng.
Here is where you as Nythera can make the first major decision: decide which of the two mission given to take on first. You can go to the towns near the border of the Realm of Mountain, including Yaralla – the home of sun bears and their hallucinogenic honey, to investigate why all of the inhabitants have simply vanished and if you can, bring them back. Alternatively, you can go to the city of Shèngjīng and track down information on an organized crime group that might have had a hand in the terrorist attack that kickstarted the plot.
And from there, you can pick your party like you’re in a grand old role playing game! You can choose to take your family members as well as both of the romance options. The more the merrier! Nothing stops you from taking everyone, or only your family members.
edit: Since you mention watercolor, perhaps a style like si3art's will interest you? I don't know if they're open for commissions though.
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 976
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:55 am
- Completed: None
- Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
- Organization: Friendly Teachers series
- Deviantart: SophBelle
- itch: Child Creation
- Location: Philippines, Mindanao
Users browsing this forum: No registered users