[CLOSED] Looking for Friendly Programmer to be Paid Monthly

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
DarkChibiShadow
Regular
Completed: Tomai (BxB), Disaster Log C (GxG), One-Eyed Lee P.1 (Point-and-click)
Projects: Solanaceae: After All
Tumblr: dcsart
Deviantart: DarkChibiShadow
itch: darkchibishadow

[CLOSED] Looking for Friendly Programmer to be Paid Monthly

#1 Post by DarkChibiShadow »

Hi there!

I'm in need of a programmer who is proficient in Ren'py and friendly to boot!
Why friendly? Because ideally I'd like someone who I can message via Discord to help me solve coding problems and who can generally help me get better at using and implementing code for Ren'py very specifically. I'd like to work with someone who is a bit more social like I am, and willing to show me examples of code and explain how they work.

I'm an amateur coder who has finished 5+ games in Ren'py, and I like to use very simple coding to get stuff done, I don't really need many bells and whistles to accomplish what I want, especially since most of my games are kinetic novels/limited choice games. I'm just looking for a friend who knows about Ren'py and is willing to help me out on occasion to solve problems and parse through the really dense documentation with me as I learn and grow my games.

I can pay $50 per month for the help, if I asked you for help at all that month!
It's a low number because ideally I really wouldn't be using up much of your time, and also because I am a single person business with a tiny budget. :D
You'd hear from me maybe about once a week, or less, and would help me solve any coding problems I have, or maybe help work out how I would implement a system in the future.
This is a very casual gig, you'd mostly be working for tips, and I would in turn also offer to help with any proof reading, art help, and may even be willing to make simple GUI stuff for you. (I can't do any full art assets right now, simply because I'm too busy, but I can do simple things in exchange, easy!) I will also put your name in the credits of my games, and link to your website/portfolio/whatever you want, whenever applicable.

For the specifics of coding help I'd need, I'm mostly focused on learning more about movement and transformations in Ren'py and getting good at the types of psuedo-animation it can do, implementing/creating mini-games for the future, potentially working on a buy/sell/gathering systems, and general bug fixes.

I can do a lot of basic coding, but that's about as far as it goes with me. So I at least have SOME knowledge, it's just not a lot!

Before sending me an e-mail, here's some things to keep in mind:

-You must be 18 years of age or older or else I won't work with you!
-You must be okay with the fact that I make NSFW, gay games! (To be clear, I will never make you play my games if you don't want to! You just gotta be okay with the fact that I'm making them in the first place! :3 )
-Be somewhat patient and willing to work with me. I love collabing, but I truly am someone who struggles to code and to understand it. I am willing to learn, but it may take me longer than someone who is more savvy.
-Ideally, you'd have some work of yours you could show me! I want to work with people who know more than me, or are at least at the same level and can understand documentation better than I.

And that's about it! Just looking for someone who knows Ren'py well and is willing to help me learn and solve problems. You will always be credited on my projects if you helped on them, I will pay you each month for your help, and I will do what I can to help you in return.

Send me an e-mail at colinxzain[at]hotmail[.]com with your name, age, and some projects you've worked on if you're interested!

Thanks a ton and I hope to hear from some of you soon!

EDIT: I found someone! If you're interested in working with me as a programmer on a project just for fun, please feel free to contact me still!