[CLOSED]Looking For a Programmer To Help With An Error

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
kylemercury
Regular

[CLOSED]Looking For a Programmer To Help With An Error

#1 Post by kylemercury »

Hello!
My name is Kyle Mercury and I'm an amateur Ren'py programmer. I'm working on a game and dropped the first demo a little while ago and I want to play it on my phone.

I made this post because I need help porting to android. I've come across an error that I have no idea how to fix and I'm literally willing to PAY someone to help me with this. I made a post asking for help in the questions section of this board and not a single person responded after a week. I'm willing to pay 15USD through PayPal to anyone who can help me fix this error. Hopefully it's an easy fix for me and a quick buck for you.

If you are still interested at this point the details are below, and I can always give you more once you contact me.
If you'd like to help please email me at kylemercurygames@gmail.com. You can message me here too but I'd prefer email.

Details:
I was able to configure it and install the SDK, and built the android .apk with no problems, but when I went to play the game on my phone none of the images were showing, just black screen. Trying to fix this I attempted to build it again and now that won't work at all, I always get an error and the build fails, I have no idea what to do. Here is the last few lines of the error log;

Code: Select all

:app:compileReleaseSources UP-TO-DATE
:app:lintVitalRelease
:app:mergeReleaseShaders UP-TO-DATE
:app:compileReleaseShaders UP-TO-DATE
:app:generateReleaseAssets UP-TO-DATE
:renpyandroid:mergeReleaseShaders UP-TO-DATE
:renpyandroid:compileReleaseShaders UP-TO-DATE
:renpyandroid:generateReleaseAssets UP-TO-DATE
:renpyandroid:packageReleaseAssets UP-TO-DATE
:app:mergeReleaseAssets FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':app:mergeReleaseAssets'.
> java.lang.NullPointerException (no error message)
Thanks in advance, have a great day.

-Kyle
Last edited by kylemercury on Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kostek00
Regular

Re: [OPEN]Looking For a Programmer To Help With An Error

#2 Post by kostek00 »

Black screen may be result of excluding .rpyc files from build to phone.

kylemercury
Regular

Re: [OPEN]Looking For a Programmer To Help With An Error

#3 Post by kylemercury »

kostek00 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:29 pm Black screen may be result of excluding .rpyc files from build to phone.
Okay I'll look into that. Don't know why it would be excluded in the first place though.