[Closed] Dating Sim remake - artist needed

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

[Closed] Dating Sim remake - artist needed

#1 Post by thebackup »

2020/12/5 - Closed! I've chosen an artist. Thanks to those who applied!

I'm recruiting an artist for my "Dating Sim" VN remake!

Corresponding blog post: here

A "remake"?
Yes, this project is a remake of a VN I created in 2008 as a final project for college. If you want to check out the original project, it's still available. Do note that the original "Dating Sim" was created using Flash, which will be deprecated on December 31, 2020, and is primarily the reason for the remake (with new characters and as such).

What I need
  • 3 full-body sprites, all female
  • Each character has (1) pose and (2) outfits: school uniform + casual outfit
  • Expressions per character:
    • Girl A: 8
    • Girl B: 9
    • Girl C: 11
  • Anime style
  • Must be comfortable drawing ecchi / suggestive themes
  • Sprites need to be as large as possible to allow room for resizing
  • Finished sprites should be PSD format and layered to allow mix and matching of outfits and expressions
  • Reliability, motivation, and commitment!
  • Deadlines:
    • Show progress at least once weekly
    • All sprites should be done by mid February 2021
    • Able to extend deadlines, as long as there's communication
Additional info
  • I will need additional artworks later on in the development of this VN.
  • These will include chibis, title art, and event CGs, but for now let's get the sprites done!
Art style
I'm looking for something of a mix between "Love Live!" and "Idolm@ster" or similar. Of course if you draw in a different anime style I'd still like to see, you never know :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

Budget
$70-$120 per character (including poses, outfits, and expressions), and is open to reasonable negotiations. Payment via Paypal.

Recruitment Process
Send me an email here with samples of your work. Note: Don't send said samples as attachments, but rather link(s) to your portfolio of some kind, like your DeviantArt, Pixiv, site, or similar. Speaking of which, if hired, I'd appreciate it if progress and completed works are sent via link as well (dropbox, google drive, etc...), not email attachment.

I will be keeping this open for at least a week, or until I find someone. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks!