[Closed] Dating Sim remake - script editor needed

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

[Closed] Dating Sim remake - script editor needed

#1 Post by thebackup »

2021/1/14 - Closed

I need a script editor for my "Dating Sim" VN remake!

Corresponding blog post: here

A "remake"?
Yes, this project is a remake of a VN I created in 2008 as a final project for college. If you want to check out the original project, it's still available. Please note that the original "Dating Sim" is unplayable due to Flash's deprecation on December 31, 2020 (though should be playable through a Flash emulator). Which, in turn, is primarily the reason for the remake (with new characters and such).

What you'll be looking at
  • Script + Character profiles for a word count total of ~4.5k words
  • Genre: BxG, comedy
  • 4th wall breaking
  • Features 3 heroines
What I'm looking for
  • Improving the style and consistency of the story and its characters
  • Fixing any typos and grammatical errors
  • Additions and new ideas are welcome, as long as they go with the original idea. In fact, the script could use some new ideas
  • If adding anything, please keep it below 5.0-5.5k words
  • Reliability, motiviation, and commitment!
Requirements
  • Good knowledge of English language, specifically American English.
  • Must be comfortable reading / writing suggestive themes and some foul language.
  • Not really required but using a word processor to track changes and leave comments would be nice (MS Word or smiliar).
  • Deadline:
    • While the script is short, I'm giving 2-3 weeks to finish (around the end of the first week of February).
    • Open to extensions, as long as there's communication.
Budget
$40 flat rate, via Paypal. Open to negotiations.

Recruitment Process
If interested please inquire via email, with samples of your previous works (preferably of the same genre of this VN). When sending samples I would greatly appreciate it if they're sent as link to your site / portfolio / google drive or similar, not copy-pasted into your message (also applies to when hired and sending progress).

I will be keeping this open for at least a week, or until I find someone. Let me know of any questions or concerns. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!