[CLOSED][PAID/COMMERCIAL] Looking for a WRITER, SoL/Romance/Comedy VN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

[CLOSED][PAID/COMMERCIAL] Looking for a WRITER, SoL/Romance/Comedy VN

#1 Post by chocojax »

About me
I'm chocojax, and I'll be handling most of the artwork (designs, sprites, backgrounds, CGs, promotional material) and programming myself. I've worked on visual novels in the past, but normally as a volunteer/for paid work.

A lot of the character designs have been semi-finalized recently, so I don't have too many pieces that I can share. BUT, here are some previews of how the sprites would look + some of the designs. Please keep in mind that some of the designs are still a WIP, so they may look different in the future.

ImageImageImage

More examples of my own artwork: https://twitter.com/chocojax

What I'm looking for
  • We already have one writer on board, so writers who have experience working with other writers on a project.
  • The obtainable characters are all female, so I'd like writers who are comfortable with writing female characters + romance. The MC's gender is based on what the player chooses.
Project info
Summary:
You're entering an ordinary university, ready to discover what they want to do with their life. ...And somehow you get put into a club full of Planets. LITERAL (HUMANOID) PLANETS. You somehow become intertwined with their lives, while trying to get through university and your own problems at the same time.

Other info:
  • I plan on selling this visual novel once it's completed, so consider it a commercial project.
  • The genre is mainly slice-of-life and romance.
  • Roughly 30,000 words per route.
  • Character personalities/backgrounds/designs have been mostly planned already.
Timeline/Deadlines:
We're planning on a Kickstarter campaign for the first quarter of 2022 with a demo, so I'm expecting about 2,000-4,000 words per month. I'm also aiming for about 30k words per route, so that would bring the expected finish date for this project to early 2023.

What I can provide in exchange
Payment based on your rates/quotes.

How to contact
You can either send me a PM here, or send an email over to business@chocojax.com. Email is preferred!

Please contain these points:
  • Your name/preferred contact method
  • Examples of your works (preferably visual novels & fitting the slice-of-life/romance genres)
  • Your rates
  • Any questions/concerns you have
  • There's also an small writing test that I would like applicants to do. The character in the prompt (Jessica) is not a romanceable character. You can find the prompt here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j97a9o ... vrvdj/view
Deadline for sending in an application is on October 1st. I will try to respond to all PMs/emails within a few days. Feel free to send over any questions or concerns you may have!
Last edited by chocojax on Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

Re: [OPEN][PAID/COMMERCIAL] Looking for a WRITER, SoL/Romance/Comedy VN

#2 Post by chocojax »

Bumping this since I'm looking for writers again. :)