[Closed][Paid] Western Character Art for Commercial VN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
MapletreePaper
Regular
Projects: Language Barrier
Organization: Naval Maple Media
Discord: MapletreePaper

[Closed][Paid] Western Character Art for Commercial VN

#1 Post by MapletreePaper »

Hi! I know my budget's not super high, but I hope it's not too limiting. My offers are negotiable.

In this recruitment post I'm seeking a character artist for my visual novel project, Language Barrier. I'm planning for a commercial release and I'm looking for a western art style without overly exaggerated features. That's honestly the best way I can put it. If you're not sure that you fall into that, I encourage you to apply anyway. That being said, I'm NOT looking for anime or realistic art and will not consider those.

Language Barrier is set in an alternate timeline where the French speaking Canadian province of Quebec declares independence during a war with the United States during the early 20th century. The game itself, however, takes place in 1989. Nearly a century after the dust settled. From there you take control of a French Canadian main character as you nudge him to choose between his country and his native language.

The project will have 10-15 characters with sprites. My starting offer is $50 USD per character. I'll also need additional outfits, which I'm offering for $10 USD each. I wish to do ongoing commissions, so every 1-3 months I'll order a character or characters rather than paying all at once.

Please email your application with sample artwork to navalmaple[at]outlook.com
I'd be more than happy to answer any remaining questions under this post. Thank you.

EDIT 4/15/2021: I really appreciate the entries I've gotten so far. I'm setting the deadline for this to May 4th at 11:59 PM EDT, so send me an email before then if you're interested.

EDIT 5/5/2021: Thanks again to everyone who's showed interest. Applications are now closed.

EDIT 4/24/2022: I fixed the above dates as I originally wrote 2020 instead of 2021. I know few people will ever read this post again, but I just feel so stupid...
Last edited by MapletreePaper on Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sterkiherz
Regular
Projects: Comic: Miraclewish; Visual Novel: Murder Mystery Ghost Story (WIP)
Organization: Sterki Herz
Tumblr: sterkiherz
itch: sterkiherz
Discord: sterkiherz#7005

Re: [Open][Paid] Western Character Art for Commercial VN

#2 Post by Sterkiherz »

Hi! Email sent~
๐“Ÿ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ธ โœฆ ๐“๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“‘๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฐ โœฆ ๐““๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ญ (sterkiherz#7005) โœฆ sterki.herz@gmail.com
~~Feel free to contact me for any questions~~
๏ธตโ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟเญจโ™กเญงโ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟ๏ธต
๐ป๐“Š๐‘”๐“ˆ & ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐’ฎ๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡๐“€๐’พ ๐ป๐‘’๐“‡๐“