[CLOSED][COMMISSION] 7 Sprites in 7 Months for $700

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
HumanDemonMistress

[CLOSED][COMMISSION] 7 Sprites in 7 Months for $700

#1 Post by HumanDemonMistress »

EDIT: Applications for this commission are now closed. A sincere thank you to every one who reached out in response to this post. There is so much talent in this community!

Hi! I'm Kat, and I'm an independent developer working on my first visual novel, a commercial otome game titled Human Demon Mistress.

I am seeking to commission seven thigh-up sprites to use for the game demo, which is fully drafted and constitutes about 1/10 of the game's total runtime. The rest of the game is still in the early stages of development. Since I am a solo developer working on this as a passion project, I do not have a formal schedule for release. This is one reason I would prefer to commission sprite assets outright.

While I am seeking only 7 sprites at this time, the final version of this game will have about three times that, and I would prefer to work with an artist who would consider taking another commission for the remaining sprites in the future.

Game Premise
At the moment of your death, you find yourself transported to a mysterious "Shadow World" where you are the Mistress of a mansion and all of its servants -- most of whom seem to be monsters of one kind or another. You will build relationships with your servants and learn their stories while uncovering the secrets of your new home.
This game is meant to be a wish-fulfillment power fantasy for girls, women, and anybody who likes playing as a female protagonist. There will be some adult themes, violence, and fanservice, but no full nudity or NSFW content.

Style

Six of the seven sprites requested are all servant characters, so familiarity with uniforms/formal clothing is a plus. While I have a slight preference for an anime-inspired art style, I am open to alternate approaches if you think your style would suit the project. For each sprite, I would provide a character brief and some collected visual references.

What I'm Looking For

7 sprites (3 male, 3 female, 1 nb/androgynous) with:
  • 7 expressions (neutral, mad, glad, sad, surprised, scared, embarrassed) or mix-and-match facial features (preferred), including:
    • Open and closed eyes
    • 2 intensities of "blush"
  • Multiple poses (2 minimum, 6 maximum)
  • 1 character with 3 poses that include props
  • A "base" sprite plus one outfit
  • A removable accessory for 3 characters
Characters:
  • The 6 romanceable characters range in age from early 20s to mid-30s
  • 1 supporting character is 12 years old
  • 6 are servants in servant uniforms
  • 1 is royalty in fancy dress
  • All are mostly-human in appearance, but 4 of the 7 characters also have some demonic or monstrous features
All sprites should be designed for best appearance on a 1920x1080 monitor.

I'm imagining a pretty generous turnaround time, but I would prefer for each sprite to take no more than 4 weeks. I would pay half of the total cost up front (after contract signing) and half upon completion of the sprite bundle. I know that the sprites I'm asking for are complex, which is why I'm starting the conversation at $100 per. For each sprite, I would like to have the chance to review the asset at the concept art stage, and then to make recommendations for revision before the final submission. However, workflow and payment details are negotiable.

If interested, please contact me at humandemonmistress@gmail.com
Last edited by HumanDemonMistress on Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gabiszon
itch: Gabiszon

Re: [COMMISSION] 7 Sprites in 7 Months for $700

#2 Post by Gabiszon »

Hello, i sent a mail I hope it went through!

Karamelow
Veteran
Projects: Fujiwara BitterSweet
Organization: Magic Bench/Karamelow

#3 Post by Karamelow »

Hello hello ~
I sent you an e-mail, hope you received it properly (^ O^)/

Sterkiherz
Regular
Projects: Comic: Miraclewish; Visual Novel: Murder Mystery Ghost Story (WIP)
Organization: Sterki Herz
Tumblr: sterkiherz
itch: sterkiherz
Discord: sterkiherz#7005

#4 Post by Sterkiherz »

Hi! Email sent~
๐“Ÿ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ธ โœฆ ๐“๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“‘๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฐ โœฆ ๐““๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ญ (sterkiherz#7005) โœฆ sterki.herz@gmail.com
~~Feel free to contact me for any questions~~
๏ธตโ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟเญจโ™กเญงโ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟ๏ธต
๐ป๐“Š๐‘”๐“ˆ & ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐’ฎ๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡๐“€๐’พ ๐ป๐‘’๐“‡๐“