[CLOSED][PAID] Translators - any language - requested for demo (Budacanta)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Alianora_La_Canta
Projects: Budacanta
Organization: ImpararBuddy
Tumblr: alianoralacanta
itch: alianora-la-canta
Discord: Alianora La Canta#8170

[CLOSED][PAID] Translators - any language - requested for demo (Budacanta)

#1 Post by Alianora_La_Canta »

I have a demo of a to-be-commercial visual novel called Budacanta that I would like translating from English into... ...other languages.

Languages for which I have a translation arrangement:
English
Polish (thank you, Angie)
Indonesian Bahasa (thank you, EnajoriYui)
Hungarian (thank you, friend who currently wishes to remain anonymous)
Norwegian (thank you, Nis)
Spanish (thank you, VSS_Valdez)
Finnish (thank you, isevuus and a friend who currently wishes to remain anonymous)
Dutch (thank you, friend who currently wishes to remain anonymous)
German (thank you, OnionCuttingNinja)
Ukrainian (thank you, Olly Dan)
Russian (thank you, Olly Dan)

I am happy to consider offers for any language other than those in the previous paragraph for which a translation agreement exists, however common or obscure it may be.

This is a safe-for-work, slice-of-life, branching-choice visual novel about travelling across Europe while autistic. The demo is 24,668 words long. The English-language demo is at Spring Thing, should anyone wish to look at the project before deciding whether it is for them. (The current form of the text is similar, but not quite the same, so if you are interested, please let me know so we can agree terms and I can send you the latest version of the text).

TL;DR: the text of the demo is set, is not expected to change, and all other aspects of the visual novel are in place.

The minimum I am willing to pay is £125, since there's a certain minimum amount of time I'd expect a translation to take even for the fastest translators.

Since different language pairs require different amounts of effort, different people need different amounts of time to translate text, and the cost of living varies in different places. Therefore, I will pay more to translators who request it (if doing so, please tell me how much you want to be paid for your hard work - revenue share and straightforward fee increases are both valid options). Terms are 50/50 - the first 50% on agreement and the other 50% on delivery.

This is not a rush job; ideally I'd like translations ready by the end of July, but I am happy to receive a translation later than that if this better suits the translator's schedule (please discuss with me if this is the case), making this a good option for someone who doesn't get much time to translate.

EDIT: Thank you for everyone's interest. I now have as many translations in progress as I feel I can manage at the moment. I will re-open this thread when that changes.
Last edited by Alianora_La_Canta on Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

moonflow123

Re: [OPEN][PAID] Translators - any language - requested for demo (Budacanta)

#2 Post by moonflow123 »

Hi, I think I can help you with English to Indonesian part!

Alianora_La_Canta

#3 Post by Alianora_La_Canta »

Thank you for the kind offer. Indonesian Bahasa is already being covered by EnajoriYui, but if you are able to do any of the other Indonesian languages (there being over 700 in Indonesia), I would be interested.

JiminyAmusements
Projects: Tom and Huck Save The Earth
itch: jiminyamusements

#4 Post by JiminyAmusements »

Could you please tell how many words in English in total this gig is?

Alianora_La_Canta

#5 Post by Alianora_La_Canta »

JiminyAmusements, the demo is 24,668 words. I expect there to be more game available later on to translate, but I don't plan to recruit anyone to translate the rest of the game until I've written it in the first place - and translating the demo places no obligation on any translator to translate the rest.

isevuus

#6 Post by isevuus »

Hello. I can do a translation in Finnish if you are looking for that, though I am not a professional translator. My level in english is C1 according to the OLS test and I do some of my studies in English. I'm not too active on here so if you want more information / to recruit me I can be found on discord as suuvesi#8385.