[CLOSED] Looking for Writer - Comedy/SoL VN (SFW)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
dont_touch_me
itch: dont-touch-me

[CLOSED] Looking for Writer - Comedy/SoL VN (SFW)

#1 Post by dont_touch_me »

About Me

Hey, I'm m.
You may have seen some of my logos or UI and trailer work before. If not, they can be found over here: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=59186
I also do my own projects from time to time, such as 'My Sweet Zombie', which can be found over here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=62132

I have experience in leading teams and helming projects before as this isn't my first rhodeo. I regularly help out and actively take part in jams and other VN projects as part of contract work, so this is basically me telling you this isn't one of those 'passion projects' if you catch my drift.

About the Project

Name: I Just Want To Be Single!!

----------
What the game actually is:

A dating sim parody where you avoid cute babes instead of dating them. We're going for a tongue-and-cheek version of your average generic dating sim, and yes we'll poke fun at all the genre trappings, all the tropes, and all the cliches. There is a deeper story hiding at the end, but that's only after you're hooked into the silly premise first.

The genre mainly focuses on (Rom)Comedy aspects, with mild slice of life and romance. Think of 4-koma manga series.
Direction is very wholesome forward!! We're going for cute girls doing funny things. Small amounts of drama but nothing serious.
If you love anime and manga, this is the game for you.

The plot is very very much so character focused, with small plotlines following each character. There are 5 Love interests, and one MC with a personality.
The narrative is pretty linear and not very branch focused, although we will do some small branching here and there.

Game length is largely unknown for now, but I hope to keep it around 5-7 hours.

Game is SFW, does not include any content warnings. Family friendly!
----------
Basic Story Plot Summary:

"You are [placeholder name]: a timid, anxiety ridden mess that wants nothing more than to start fresh in your final year of high school. New school, new people, making friends will DEFINITELY work this time!
...However, turns out your new haircut is leading to everyone in class falling in love with you instead?!

How will you make new friends with cute girls that are looking for more than just friendship?"
----------
The Artstyle:

The artstyle is heavily based on/inpsired by Manga aesthetics, with UI made by myself.
----------

What I'm Looking For

Alright, I'm looking for a writer who knows all the tropes and cliches and stereotypes of anime. Being an anime fan is not "a must" exactly, but if you don't know much about the medium, you won't be able to write for this project well.

Although I expressed that Comedy is the main focus of the game, you don't need to worry if this isn't your specialty. As long as you're confident you can establish good character development, overall plot structure and good dialogue we'll be good to go.
That being said, if you CAN do Comedy, this will be an highly prioritized bonus.

I'm looking for specifically a Writer, not an editor, not a proofreader. I need someone to do the big lifting.

An experienced writer preferred!! Please do not apply if you don't write very often, have never fully finished a project, or if you've never done writing commissions before.
Let's save both of us the trouble.

----------

Sound good?

If you'd like to apply or have any questions, feel free to contact me directly on Discord. (I sometimes forget to check on the forums so direct is the best way to contact me.)
My id is: m.#0911

Thanks for reading, looking forward to working with you!
Last edited by dont_touch_me on Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

flowersforjoy
Tumblr: Flowersforjoy
Discord: Flowersforjoy#7168

Re: [Paid] Looking for Writer - Comedy/SoL VN (SFW)

#2 Post by flowersforjoy »

I sent you a pm via Discord :D
Flowersforjoy

arzenpai
Projects: It's Just a Phase VN
itch: arzenpai
Discord: arzenpai

Re: [Paid] Looking for Writer - Comedy/SoL VN (SFW)

#3 Post by arzenpai »

Hello! Tried to send a PM through Discord, but it wouldn't go through. Sent a friend request instead! Thanks.
your wonderfully weab senpai
main site here: https://arzenpai.carrd.co
writing portfolio here: https://www.clippings.me/arzenpai

fic and art commissions open!