Seeking Programmer for Complex Scripting(Closed)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Wendyd24
Regular

Seeking Programmer for Complex Scripting(Closed)

#1 Post by Wendyd24 »

Hello. This is a paid job. We can discuss your pricing or negotiate an amount.

I am looking to find a programmer who wouldn't mind working closely with me to discuss implementing navigational features in my game. I would like to know if a few things are possible in renpy and as only an amateur programmer, I need help.

I am interested in adding "navigation" through directional arrows and having "events" being played through at certain locations depending on hidden "stats" in game. The stats would change based on where the player navigates to (an internal clock would set off an event-based solely off time) and how a character interacts within the events.

I image to push the limits of renpy, I would need to hire someone with vast knowledge and experience in renpy. If you feel that this isn't possible in renpy, please explain why.

Here is an example of what I was thinking for the on-screen navigation.

I found something similar to what I'm wanting to do on GitHub if anyone would like to take a look.
https://github.com/kerickso/renpy_nav

I realize that this is very vague and if anyone has any questions or wants any more information then just let me know.

Thanks!