[OPEN] [PAID] Programmer wanted for unusual homoerotic visual novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
threeofcoins

[OPEN] [PAID] Programmer wanted for unusual homoerotic visual novel

#1 Post by threeofcoins »

What it is:
A visual novel which is a homoerotic story about men that is non-romantic and focuses more on other things (no sex, no kissing, no dating, etc). If you like subtler portrayal of such topics and don't dismiss it as simple 'queerbaiting', you will like it. Even without any sex or gore, it is still very adult-oriented and that's why I need you to be one, preferably over 21. Though there are no 'shock factor' things, the project still requires someone bold with a good sense of humor who wouldn't be afraid to put their name on something unusual, not very 'anime' or 'sweet' and possibly even slightly scandalous.

What kind of person I am looking for:
An open-minded, passionate, practical individual who loves projects like this.
If you have always wanted to work on an edgier, bolder visual novel which is closer to literature than simply 'a dating sim', then this project is for you. As I said above, good sense of humor is always welcome too (believe me, you'll need it here, in tackling both the project itself and our work process).
If you also consider yourself a good literary editor (it's unlikely but who knows?) this increases your chances to get this job greatly. (And then you'll double as an editor, obviously, receiving another payment).
I also need you to be a bit tech-savvy (to install a free file sharing app) and patient (to learn how to use it).

But, first and foremost, I'd want you to be an honest and honorable person. I am quite strict when it comes to such things.

What needs to be done:
You need to implement a simple UI that I designed, according to my instruction/mockup. All the fonts and design elements have been prepared by me already. Then you will also need to test UI's compatibility with 1 simple function. And, finally, after some pause (from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Sorry for not being able to say for sure) I will need you to test the game in full (it's not very long). You may also give me advice about some programming issues.

Can I use my hourly rate with you?
I am sorry but this is mostly a project of passion of one person (with some light help on the side). I can only offer you an one time payment. However, you can guarantee revenue share by becoming a permanent worker. This will give you access to future projects and a personal page on our site.

For that, however, you have to impress me with your strong desire to work on this project and strong arguments in regard to the reason you consider yourself to be the best candidate.

:!: :!: :!: !!!ATTENTION!!! :!: :!: :!:

To apply, DON'T post in this thread. Instead, write me a private message with THREE (or two, for freelancers) things: at least three paragraphs describing why you want to work on this project, approximate price for the programming job described above and (if you want a permanent position) a short resume of yourself (not necessarily work experience but rather things you are capable of doing).

After that, I may offer you to pass an additional test after which I will invite you to chat somewhere in private.

That's all. Good luck!

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

Re: [OPEN] [PAID] Programmer wanted for unusual homoerotic visual novel

#2 Post by Kia »

Usually I would take a job like this, I like helping people get their project going, it's easy and I'm fine with a one time payment, but this post is written weird, I don't think I can stretch "money" to "at least three paragraphs".

After reading the post I have several questions and comments:
You need somebody that can do the job for a reasonable price. why "What kind of person" they are is of any importance?
When you say "open-minded" you mean normal, right? Most people don't mind homoerotic content, a job is a job.
What you've described is not edgy, it's relatively tame compared to what I see on regular basis.
You're recruiting a programmer, what do you need a sense of humor for?
And what's with the additional test in chat? are you recruiting for a cult of some sort?

DFlimbingo
Regular

Re: [OPEN] [PAID] Programmer wanted for unusual homoerotic visual novel

#3 Post by DFlimbingo »

I don't want to seem rude, but this definitely feels like a strange recruitment offer. I think you need to be more upfront about your plans with whoever you hire, especially this 'private test'. Tests, essays, etc feel very overly corporate and, as Kia said, culty. If you can, please rewrite this offer by being less secretive.