[CLOSED][QUEER, NSFW] Seeking GUI Designer, Coding Assistant, Video Editor, and more!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
DarkChibiShadow
Regular
Completed: Tomai (BxB), Disaster Log C (GxG), One-Eyed Lee P.1 (Point-and-click)
Projects: Solanaceae: After All
Tumblr: dcsart
Deviantart: DarkChibiShadow
itch: darkchibishadow

[CLOSED][QUEER, NSFW] Seeking GUI Designer, Coding Assistant, Video Editor, and more!

#1 Post by DarkChibiShadow »

Hello! I'm DCS! A queer game dev and comic artist.

I'm seeking a GUI designer (and/or game/puzzle designer), a possible coding assistant (details below) and multiple video editors to (hopefully) create multiple trailers and teasers as the game gets worked on. I'm also open to other types of folks coming on to the project if you think you'd be a good fit, but, please understand I only have so much budget and only so many positions to fill.

Before anything else, please be aware that this is a queer, NSFW game that contains lots of sex scenes. As such, you must be over 18 to apply, and you must be LGBTQ+ friendly-- I'm cool to work with anyone, but you simply can't be a bigot. It ain't gonna work! Anyways, on to the game...

Solanaceae: After All (A Visual Novel)

Join Battam, a witch exiled by all conventional covens, in his quest to make a brand new type of coven with the help of his partner Sal, and his sibling, Satine.
Explore a colorful world filled with all types of people and try to create a place where any and all rejected witches can join together to create and love.

The game plays as a hybrid visual novel, point-and-click with gathering/crafting/buying/selling management elements. The game focuses on character interaction more so than gameplay elements, which mostly serve as fun things to do when you're taking a break from the story (and give you a little bit to do to "earn" your next story chapter).

The game so far is predicted to be around 100k words in total (I'm about 35k in) and most features for the game have been implemented, though most are only in their first pass of design. A good chunk of art is complete for the game as well-- with most backgrounds being finished. The entire soundtrack for the game is already finished too! The team right now consists of three people: me (writer, artist, and "idea guy"), my pal (programmer), and my other friend who will be doing the logo, and small amounts of art that I can't finish myself.

Our current goal is to polish up some of the game play elements, and get Chapter 3 for the game polished so that we can have a presentable Early Access demo to share on Itchio and Steam that contains at least a LITTLE bit of each thing the player will get to do. A little charcuterie board for the game, if you will.
Our plan is to 1) release the Early Access version 2) Gather feedback and apply that 3) then release the full game! Obviously, this will still take some time, but seeing as I'm the sole writer, artist, and 1 of 2 programmers, I've been in need of some more help for a while-- since the scope of this game is bigger than anything I've ever done before.

Positions I ABSOLUTELY need to fill:
[FILLED] A GUI designer to take what I have and make it better! I'm very flexible for an overhaul on what we have, but I will need the GUI designer to (most likely) draw the assets themselves-- though I can provide basically any visual asset that's within my skill level.

[FILLED] Someone to help me code in sprites during "cutscenes"-- I have a ton of these, and I will need this person to be incredibly passionate and close to me on the project. This is the position I will be the pickiest about, because this is the job I'm the most concerned with outsourcing. Ideally, I would like to fill this position with someone who is a) already a fan of my work and thus, into the story or b) willing to get into the story and characters as much as I am.
The coding itself is very, very simple. I'm willing to teach someone for this position!

[FILLED] Multiple folks to make trailers/teasers for things like Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I'm open to hire multiple people because I think it'd be cool to see different people's interpretations of the work via the trailer format! You gotta be able to get your own footage for this, and ideally you will have made some game trailers in the past!

Positions I would like to fill, but would need to negotiate with to stay within budget:
[FILLED] Singer/song writer to create a custom theme for the game (Let's make an extremely emotional song together...)
[FILLED] Writing/editing consultant (I wanna write the whole game myself, but it could still use editing and feedback, of course)

Positions you should *NOT* try to apply for:
-Being a sprite, background, or CG artist! Sorry, that's all filled... BY ME. HEHEHEH!!!
-General musician! The entire soundtrack has already been made!
-Voice Acting! As cool as it'd be to have even a little bit of voice acting for the game, the scope of the game would become so, so much bigger with even a little bit of voice acting. I think it would be a mistake to include it at this later stage in development. Sorry!

[MORE MAY BE ADDED TO THIS LIST LATER, STAY TUNED!]

Things to consider before you apply:
-This project will still take some time to finish (could be a year, could be 2 years, it's a big game, but I'm doing my best to work on it as much as possible with the help of my Patrons) so you may need to expect lots of down time between payments. This is (unfortunately) not a you get paid every week kind of job, so sorry.
-Expect a little bit of chaos and disorganization. I get projects done, oh, I absolutely do, but I'm still learning and not always the most organized person. I will put my best foot forward though, and I think if you want to be part of a project that actually reaches fruition, this is a pretty good game to place your bets on. (Plus, if I like working with you, it's VERY likely I will hire you again for other projects, because I *ALWAYS* have other projects that I'm working on.)
-There's no deadline right now for this project, but deadlines *will* be a thing for this project. If you're not good with deadlines, or generally at finishing your work, you might not be a good fit for any of these positions. (If you get sick or something else happens, there will of course be extensions.)

PAYMENT:
-Ideally, I would like to pay your rates, since I think that's most fair, so feel free to contact me with your prices.
-That said, my budget is pretty small. I only have a couple hundred bucks to spend on each position (at the moment) but in the future, I will (ideally) just keep getting more and more cash to put into the project. So, it's possible that I can pay you some now, pay you some later, kind of situation.
-This is a commercial project: as such, I will be buying your work outright to use and sell for *this project only*. PLEASE INCLUDE THIS IN YOUR PRICES. No revenue split (mostly because the game won't be hugely profitable, it's very niche) but if SOMEHOW the game does amazing and makes a shit ton of money, I will absolutely throw some your way later.

Please contact me at colinxzain@hotmail.com with what position you'd like to apply for, your portfolio, and whatever other info you think is relevant and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Feel free to comment if you have questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks!