Seeking Proficient RenPy Progammer

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
801anhsirk

Seeking Proficient RenPy Progammer

#1 Post by 801anhsirk »

In the past few months or so, I have been writing storylines and putting together an overall framework on this project. First off, this will be a strictly NSFW adult dating/sex simulator game but not like your typical visual novel games. Something more along the lines of the uniqueness and nuance of Summertime Saga if you've heard of that.

I do not want it to be the same exact game, however I would like the animation style to reflect techniques used in that game. Overall I would need similar day/night cycles, save points, branching storyline paths and would need to continually add to the game over an indefinite course. I'm willing to come to a fair agreement on the initial payment and subsequent pay structure once the game goes live on Patreon.

Any and all direction you can give on RenPy would be helpful. I've heard Unity is also a good program to use but after doing some research I've come to the conclusion that RenPy is the way to go if I want that uniqueness with the sex/nsfw animations. Along with filling this position of lead programmer, I will be hiring 2 artists that will match their styles indistinguishably to create all the art/animations/posing for the game. I will be the head writer and creative designer. Also, of course, the main producer of the game.

Short term, I am wanting a build of the game that can reasonably function to display what the game will entail in the future. I want at least a few of the characters full (or nearly full) paths mapped out and completed. Once this build is complete, we will estimate how much time and resources it will take to continiously update the game every month. Only THEN will I be comfortable putting it on Patreon asking for more support for more substantial monthly updates.

For funding, it would be an intial 50% payment down for the start of the beta build of the game. With the additional 50% coming in after the build is done. I would prefer a build that keeps in mind the longevity and ever growing nature of the product. All funds will be covered by me until Patreon can pay back my initial investment. Then we will revisit the business model if folks would like to opt into direct % shares of the entirety of the Patreon payout.

I would love an initial build of the game within 3 months time once I reveal the scope of the entire project. If this is not doable, pl ease advise. Also, I'm planning on creating a post on the Lemmasoft forums just to make sure I can reach out to as many talented RenPy artists as possible. You may post on here but for serious applicants please email me at 801anhsirk@gmail.com with at least a cover 'paragraph' on why you would be good for the position! Hoping to find the perfect member of our team!

- Team 801

1emzee1
Discord: emzee8886

Re: Seeking Proficient RenPy Progammer

#2 Post by 1emzee1 »

Hey,

Once you found a programmer, I could be one of the artist.

Portfolio

Discord: EmZee#8886

Four0Four
Projects: Hina's Bakery
Organization: ToastedBread
IRC Nick: MeguMegu

#3 Post by Four0Four »

Hello, This project seems interesting. I'm still not that good with renpy. But if possible, could I possibly help? I'm a programmer, been studying programming for 2 years now, I only had to read the codes for renpy to understand it's functions. If you're interested on recruiting me just message me in my discord "MeguMegu#8464".

wrubenstein
Projects: CircleRGB, SimpadLib
Organization: ThighhighVT
Github: willow-rubenstein
Discord: willow#9078

#4 Post by wrubenstein »

Hi there! I've been programming in Python for 7 years now, and I'd love to help!!! PM me here or on discord (willow#9078) so we can talk about what exactly is needed! I have really flexible rates :3
I'm too lazy to make this look cool.
I created ThighhighVT, the world's first Femboy VTuber Group
I also have been making software for like 7 years now and been playing music my entire life.
That's all of the notable stuff about me. I'll probably edit this later.