[Closed][Paid][Commercial]Voice Talent Needed for BxG Comedy VN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

[Closed][Paid][Commercial]Voice Talent Needed for BxG Comedy VN

#1 Post by thebackup »

2022/9/12 – Auditions are now closed! I will be contacting you tomorrow (Tuesday) if you’re selected. Thank you for sharing your voice talents!

I need two (2) VAs for a commercial romantic comedy VN, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer (DSLLS)!

Learn more about the project
Website | Play the demo | Demo discussion thread

Characters that will be voiced

Luna (brunette girl in the banner)
Important note: This character is being recasted due to her original VA (from DSRM) being unresponsive to messages / seemingly disappeared.
Lines: ~273
Personality: Silly, flirty, perverted
Pitch: Medium-high
Audition Lines:
  • "Uh-huh! Don’t be shy, you can tell Luna all about it~" (Context: protag is nervous trying to request something from her)
  • "I agreed to help you. You’re going learn my way, okay?" (Context: protag needs a break from Luna's tutoring, but she refuses to give him a break)
Minor male characters
Note: Since the male lines are very few, I preferably want someone who can do both of these characters.

Random Guy (RG)
Lines: ~4
Personality: Kind, somewhat timid
Pitch: Medium
Audition Line:
  • "Hey, uh, since you’ve helped me in the past months…" (Context: trying to confess his feelings to Luna)
Big Guy (BG)
Lines: ~6
Personality: A stereotypical college jock who looks down on others
Pitch: Medium-low (note: not looking for a super-deep macho voice - while a big guy, he tries to act tough so maybe try to add a bit of dopeyness to his voice)
Audition Line:
  • "Mind your own business, shrimp! Back off!" (Context: protag trying to intervene and BG doesn't like it)
Budgeting & Deadlines

Luna
  • Deadline
    • Since we'll be recording ~273 lines, we will break this down into sets of 30-40 lines at a time
    • Deadline is every 2 weeks with said amount of lines, taking retakes into account
    • Somewhat flexible schedule, with some leeway in between deadlines
    • Due to the amount of recording to be done, if you need a break please let me know
  • Budget
    • $1 per line, for a total of $273
    • Payment for every 2 sets of lines done to minimize fees (aka monthly payments), this will vary depending on the amount of lines done in that period
    • If you want to negotiate please don't hesitate to ask!
Minor male characters
  • Deadline
    • OK to record everything at once due to the small number of lines
    • Deadline is 2 weeks to have everything done, taking retakes into account
  • Budget
    • Will be discussed with applicants
Payment options
  • Paypal
  • Wise - preferred for international transactions due to significantly cheaper fees than paypal and no surprises
More information
  • As stated above, this is a commercial project, at around 16.5k words long.
  • There are no hentai (H) scenes but you need to be comfortable with the game's coarse and sexual language - especially true if you're planning to audition for Luna since that's central to her character.
  • All characters are college-aged (18+).
  • .wav format to allow for post-processing
  • Motivation, reliability, and proactivity: Very important
How to apply

Email me here with your demo reel and recorded audition lines for the character(s) you're interested in.

Please send submissions as links (youtube, soundcloud, dropbox, google drive, etc.), not as email attachments. Also if selected I would greatly appreciate it if recordings are sent via links as well (zipped up). Sound files (especially .wav's) eat up my account space quick. >.<

Due to this being a somewhat emergency casting call (b/c of Luna's recasting) I will be keeping this open for a week, from 9/5 to 9/12 (auditions close at 12AM Pacific), or until all roles have been filled and decided on. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!