[Closed][Paid] UI Artist

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
cisco_donovan
itch: ciscodonovan

[Closed][Paid] UI Artist

#1 Post by cisco_donovan »

Hi,

I'm looking for someone to help with some UI design to help with my upcoming adult graphic novel Private Dick: Lipstick & Lies.

This is an erotic, explicit game. I am not asking you to draw anything explicit and do not expect you to encounter any adult content while working with me. But given the nature and context of the work, you should be aware that you're working near some pretty salicious material.

This post is totally SFW.

About The Game

Private Dick is an erotic noir adventure. It is sex positive and strives to be diverse, creative and fun in its presentation of sex and women. It is a fairly linear story, light in choice. It is darkly comic, gets a bit freaky, and will dare to challenge and surprise players without being a buzzkill.

About The Gig

I am looking for help styling the in-game social media overlay.

We are creating a fake social media app called FaceParty, which is a fusion of Facebook and Instagram.

Remember the game itself is (mostly) black and white, and the images in the social media screen will be purely greyscale. So we're working with a very limited colour palette here.

Having said that, I think using some colour for the UI will really help break up the greyness of the game. So I'm thinking of using a purplish shade for the overlay.

Here's what I've put into the game so far - this is mostly an exercise in blocking out the space and adding functionality, so there's lots of little problems with it.

The Faceparty screens popup as an overlay above the main game screen, in roughly a 16:9 ratio. It shows a list of accounts, a header area with a brand logo and the logged in user, and a main, scrollable image feed:

The "close" button isn't actually there any more - clicking the background will dismiss the UI.

Every character has their own profile page with a banner, header image, and title. Then there's just a scrolling feed filtered to that character:

Finally, you can drill down to a single image to see a larger version:

Although these images are squares, we're actually going to move to a 3:4 portrait image (which is actually bit tricky with the space in the feed but images do look better like this).

So I guess the work is

* An overall page layout
* Feed design
* Profile header styling
* Image card styling
* Drill down layout
* A FaceParty logo
* Careful colour choice

How to Apply

What I'm looking for is someone who can buy into the vision of the game and deliver UI assets to match.

I do not expect you to implement the UI in the game (although if that's a skill set you have, we can talk!). I'll implement your design, but you'll need to provide frame borders and icons etc. We'll iterate and test as we go so I'll expect you to playtest or look at screenshots and help guide the screens.

I don't expect anyone to work up a detailed pitch for free, but I also need to choose someone with the right vision for the game. I have no idea what kind of response I'm gonna get here.

So, if you're interested, please send me a BRIEF pitch.

* Message me here or at ciscodonovangames at gmail.com
* Include a sample of your work
* Tell me in words or REALLY QUICK sketches how you might approach the design of the social media interface.

You don't have to commit to the pitch of course, and I don't want you to spend hours preparing it. I just want to see your instinct on the problem, to see how you engage with it and whether you understand what I'm looking for.

Payment

I have no idea how to pay for this. I pay out in GBP, preferably through Wise, or direct transfer if you're in the UK. PayPal as a last resort.

Payment will scale to the time you spend on the project and I fully expect this to cost a few hundred pounds. I don't actually think it's a huge amount of work, but as I'll be working in parallel with you it might be spread over a few weeks.

Let's say £200 and up, but hopefully not more than £500.