Professional illustration team for hire

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
komicer
Regular

Professional illustration team for hire

#1 Post by komicer »

Here is the old post that we did: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =38&t=9728

We are a doujin circle based in Singapore. Still is one but much more professional now with clients such as Soda Pop Miniatures, Nihongo Master and Microsoft. Our website looks much better now too! In any case, our fees is probably more expensive than most of the other artists here.

However if you want a professional graphics team behind your commercial visual novel, just drop us an email at ohayo[at]collateralds.com to request for our portfolio and let's talk.

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook!

Update on new fun projects we have done!

We just completed our illustration for Secondhand Memories, a cellphone novel to be released soon by Sakura Publishing. The author, Takatsu, is a graphic designer himself and has done some really pretty things with the illustration we provided. Just check out the cover and the website he has done around it! You can also download the cover as a digital wallpaper from the website!

Last edited by komicer on Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Collateral Damage Studios
Website / Facebook / Twitter

komicer
Regular

Re: Professional illustration team for hire

#2 Post by komicer »

New character design work completed for Tokyo Yakuza

At the same time, we were engaged to design and coordinate the production of a new short animation! Can't reveal much so far but if you are going down to AFA SG 2014 next month, here is something to look out for!

Last edited by komicer on Thu May 07, 2015 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

piichimi
Regular
Projects: A+ Switch! (Visual Novel)

#3 Post by piichimi »

Gorgeous art.
I would hire you guys, but I'm really only looking for a background artist right now.
Good luck with getting hired!!

komicer
Regular

#4 Post by komicer »

piichimi wrote: Gorgeous art.
I would hire you guys, but I'm really only looking for a background artist right now.
Good luck with getting hired!!
Your art is mighty good. You probably don't need us now...

In any case, new animation portfolio to showcase! The animated short for Seika Project is completed and here it is!

komicer
Regular

#5 Post by komicer »

Bumping up!

Our guy has been busy at work on the My Little Dictator artworks which you can get some preview from their website. Still finishing up all those new characters!

We have also worked on War-Girl's Over the Hills and Far Away demo art. The kickstarter didn't work out though but it has been very well received online!

We are open to more commercial work so drop us an email (komicer@collateralds.com) if you want to discuss about your project!
Last edited by komicer on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NovelistEzhno
Organization: 13 Signs in Heaven

#6 Post by NovelistEzhno »

Incredible! I just happened upon Second Hand Memories on Wattpad a week prior to this post! My how small this world truly is and how much smaller is it made by the internet! I enjoy your works and I'd like to say that you are quite skilled!
If I had the funds on hand, I would likely commission your help for my Wattpad example projects. They really do need better, more professional and attractive covers. When I'm much further into creating the stories, I just may find my way back to you and seek your assistance!
Thank you for your post and the opportunity!
Never doubt yourself. You're worth more than you could ever know. You're beautiful and today is a new day to thrive and shine.
Prank Masters is now on sale!
http://lockvia-studios.itch.io/prank-masters

Profile created icon by: @khana_chi
https://twitter.com/khana_chi

AlphaProspector
Regular
Completed: The Circular Gate
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)
Organization: Primum Soft
Soundcloud: Primum Soundblast

#7 Post by AlphaProspector »

Great artworks, guys! I know this may sound bothersome but it would be interesting if you could provide some estimated price ranges on certain things (sprites, CG art, sketching, if you guys make backgrounds,package/cover design, logos, etc.) and payment methods (PayPal, etc.) as it'll be helpful for those who may have limited budgets or need to carefully make a costs/expenses sheet and plan accordingly. I noticed that, since there are several different awesome artists, the price may vary wildly depending on complexity, am I right? (Or, to put it in business talk, "some terms are negotiable", heh.)

Thanks in advance!
Enjoy tranquillity. Paint reality with the colours of your imagination.

Primum Soft Website and Blog

komicer
Regular

#8 Post by komicer »

It's not our usual practice to reveal our prices as each project has different requirements. It's never a straightforward 'multiply' accordingly situation. That said, our fees generally start in the hundreds per graphical asset. Commercial projects will cost more than non-commercial projects that will be distributed for free. If you already have a reasonable budget in mind, please tell us straight away. If it is sustainable for us, we will be happy to take it on. Otherwise, we'll usually counter-quote.

Graphical assets (to us) refer to any set of character sprites, backgrounds or CG. We generally do the character design with the sprites together.

We accept Paypal though we'll usually ask, 'Can you do wire transfer?'

For a more accurate quotation, just get in touch and we will negotiate accordingly.

komicer
Regular

#9 Post by komicer »

We've recently completed the character design and sprites for SLASH-7's ambitious VN-in-progress, Parallel Percent. Here are some of the sprites that he have already revealed on his blog!

Be sure to give him your support (when he asks for it!)
Last edited by komicer on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

komicer
Regular

#10 Post by komicer »

Something REALLY different from what we usually do. This map was done forthe Walkerman Kickstarter (which succeeded)

Click through for bigger version

If you are a commercial project and interested in what we can draw for you, just get in touch via email (komicer@collateralds.com) or Skype (kckomicer)!

komicer
Regular

#11 Post by komicer »

Completed works update! It has been since we've posted new completed stuffs here.

Event CGs (though not all of them) for SC2VN. That esport VN that you keep hearing about. Since it is free, be sure to go download and read the story about all those sweat and tears going into digital gaming dominance.

Images taken from The BattleNet article. Which we think is pretty cool of Blizzard to feature the VN.

Other completed works not so VN related.

A CG for the Hachi Hachi rhythm game! It's a really bouncy song!

Character design for Uchihime. It is always fun designing a whole new character for a localized Japanese game. Especially since it is a locally themed princess.

Our current scheduling is relatively packed at the moment so be prepared to wait if you are interested in engaging our services. Commercial projects will generally take priority simply due to the larger budget.

Due to our pipeline, we are also quite strict about our workflow. Sketches will need to be approved before we proceed to the next step of lines and coloring. However, once you have approved the sketches and we have gone on to color everything, we do not go back to edit those. Not without additional fees at least.

Just email us if you are interested in finding out how we can work with you on your awesome game!

komicer
Regular

#12 Post by komicer »

How long has it been since we posted here? We have not been involved in VN related work for a while now but here's some new cool things we did!

Animation

Mother's Day CM for Ikeda Spa 2017

Illustration

Image Image

All those Anime Expo art from 2016 and 2017? That was us.

Character Design

Yes, Mascot for Nutaku 2016

Jenny, among all the other characters, for Chief Puzzle Officer 2017

Background

Japanese streets for Heroforge 2017

Train crossing for Heroforge 2017

Spyro background for First 4 Figures 2017

If anyone is interested in working with us, a professional art studio from Singapore, please drop us an email at ohayo@collateralds.com
We'll be happy to discuss prices and what we can do for your VN over email.

komicer
Regular

#13 Post by komicer »

Winged Sakura: Endless Dream (no relations to Winged Cloud), a game which we did some graphics for is now live! Here are some samples of what we've done for them.

You can view the rest of what's done on the Behance entry that we've created. There's cool animated sprites there!

CDS is a professional art studio that works with our clients around the world to produce artworks for them. Budget wise, we are better suited for working on commercial games. We might not be for everyone but feel free to get in touch if you are interested in finding out more about what we can do for you. Just email ohayo@collateralds.com!