Sprite artist for hire-FREE

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
FlowerDeath

Sprite artist for hire-FREE

#1 Post by FlowerDeath »

I've recently been practicing art, in particular sprites. I'd be happy to see my art in someone's VN. I'm working for free, as I'm simply trying to gain experience and practice (I'm not yet at a level where I'd feel comfortable charging). If anyone is interested you can post in the thread or contact me via PM and we can discuss specifics. I look forward to working with anyone!

I'm also open to helping with character design, and I'd be willing to try my hand at some CG work although my experience isn't too extensive. I just don't have the time to dig in and create a VN myself (too much writing and coding), and so I hope to still see my art get used in someone's project. I'm pretty open to anything.

Samples of my work:
image.jpg
Ayesha (most recent sprite)

Neutral
AyeshaNeutral.png
Surprise
AyeshaSurprise.png
Blush
AyeshaBlush.png
Happy
AyeshaHappy.png
Angry
AyeshaAngry.png
Sad
AyeshaSad.png
Gabe

GabeNeutralfix.png
Justinia (my first sprite, so the coloring isn't as well developed IMO)

Neutral
Justinianeutral.png
Angry
Justinianangry.png
Sad
Justiniansad.png

Blush
Justinianblush.png
Happy
Justinianhappy.png
Last edited by FlowerDeath on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlowerDeath

Re: Sprite artist for hire-FREE

#2 Post by FlowerDeath »

Here's some other work I've done. It's not necessarily visual novel related, but maybe it'll give people am idea of my drawing style.
image.jpg
this one is obviously unfinished.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

FlowerDeath

#3 Post by FlowerDeath »

This is an example of the background art I've done. It's the very beginnings of a background and unrefined and crude, but I'd be willing to do background work.
office background.png

writinggg
Regular

#4 Post by writinggg »

Can you do backgrounds and/or concept art?

FlowerDeath

#5 Post by FlowerDeath »

I posted an example of rudimentary background work that I haven't colored yet.I'm inexperienced at backgrounds, but if the example suits you then yes, I can. I can also do concept art, although I'm unsure as to what exactly you'd be looking for in concept art.

eileen
Veteran
Projects: Akiba Z and Passion Sync
Organization: Aphrodisia/Beautiful Starr

#6 Post by eileen »

Hello FlowerDeath,

I'm interesting in teaming up with on a visual novel. ^^ What's are your 'what I will' and 'what I won't do'?

I also do have another project but we can talk about that through pm if you are interested in it. I hope to hear from you soon.
Last edited by eileen on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

breadslam
Regular
Tumblr: breadslam

#7 Post by breadslam »

eileen wrote:Hello FlowerDeath,

What's are your 'what I will' and 'what I won't do'?
I'm interested as well. :) It's best to set boundaries first, so both you and your prospective clients can make a good choice with whom they're willing to work with.

Wishing you luck in any case, FlowerDeath!

FlowerDeath

#8 Post by FlowerDeath »

I'm currently at my limit as far as projects, and in order to finish what I already have agreed to do I can't take any more on at the moment. I will post in this thread letting people know when I'm open again. I appreciate the interest!

My main goal is to practice and find projects to challenge and expand my skills. I'm not asking for a monetary charge, but I do ask people to be patient with me.

Here's a sketchy idea of what I will/will not do:

What I'm most comfortable with is character art such as sprites. I'm really not very good at the manga/anime style. I've attempted it, but the attempts come out as unnatural. I will do backgrounds, CGs and concept art. I will also do rough sketches for people. I avoid graphic design sort of work, such as logos. I'm trash at graphic design. I'm willing to do mature artwork.

Renpiased

#9 Post by Renpiased »

Are you still available to do a project? If you are or are interested please add me on skype (it's under my name) so we can talk more!